Wow, this makes me mad.

Mike.

So I have had my computer (a Dell) for about 2 years now, I think.

Recently it's been running really slow, especially on the internet and it makes me so angry. Sometimes I have to restart my computer to even get connected to the internet.

I also tried System Restore but it always says that the system "Could not be restored to that date" or something. I tried multiple dates but it stilll did not work.

Any help?

If your Dell computer is new enough, it has a built in PC Restore. Not just a System Restore (which just removes hardware, and not much else), it'll totally reformat the computer for you. Everything will be removed, and will be restored to factory defaults. Everything. So, yeah, back files up to the internet or a disk or whatever.

To do this, follow http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...&dn=1090151this guide from the Dell Support site[/url]. It's a simple process; I've done it before. Very easy. And depending on what junk you've got on there, relatively quick. And, meh, after a year or two I prefer to do that, anyway. Just. It deletes it ALLL.

Probably, the issue could be spyware. Download Ad-Aware SE from download.com to detect and remove this.

Or, if you're on a wireless network, it could be that you're not just connecting; are you?

Guest Merry HBK Xmas!
So I have had my computer (a Dell) for about 2 years now, I think.

Recently it's been running really slow, especially on the internet and it makes me so angry. Sometimes I have to restart my computer to even get connected to the internet.

I also tried System Restore but it always says that the system "Could not be restored to that date" or something. I tried multiple dates but it stilll did not work.

Any help?

Spyware may be the problem, as Sam stated. Download AVG Anti-Spyware, it has a very fast and powerful engine to detect all kinds of spyware. Ad-Aware is too basic for me.