Neohomes Broke or is it Just Me?

nbbug132

I got in the mood to toy around with my Neohome 2.0 tonight and found every time I tried to view the customization page I get an error message or (depending on the browser) just a white page.

Are the homes down across the board or is something wrong with my computer?

It's not working for me either, so I'd imagine it's probably an issue on TNT's end. Hopefully they'll have it fixed soon. :)

I think this is happening because they are doing quite a lot of changes on Neopets.

Last weekend you had to refresh the page for few times to get on that page. And it turns out it was (probably) because they added that Facebook "Like" button.

In New Feaures writes that they added new items for Neohome 2.0.

They are updating Neopets maybe bit too much? o_O

Not likely. Adding new features (especially simple ones that rely mostly on external services with very few internal code changes) should have minimal impact on the operation of a decently coded site. Adding new items to Neohomes should have been a trivial change, with hardly any widespread impact at all.

From what we've seen in the past few days, I suspect it's more likely that they've been shifting to some kind of new load balancing system for their servers to better handle the strain, and are still having to work out a few of the kinks. Us TDN staffers have had our fair share of problems with new server setups. :P