Possible glitch on neopets via FF

Aysh

I am on a Mac and I use FF and for the past 3 days I keep having this pop up where it tries to open any links I click on (restocking or even login) as an html document. Its highly annoying and its only happening on TNT. I keep missing rare items...does anyone know how to fix it? or is anyone having similar issues?

:(

Is it happening immediately or after a long delay? As I understand it, some servers mistakenly serve pages with the wrong MIME type when they take too long to load, and Firefox has to interpret this MIME type and ask you to open the document. It may be related to the current server issues Neopets is having.

It keeps happening in very short intervals I have to reload or use the bookmarks menu to go back to the page...it keeps trying to open every click as an phtml/ text file ... I am wondering if its something to do with the mouse.

Everyone on the neo-boards is having a similar issue, as am I. Neopets pages are randomly loading as blank pages a lot right now and Firefox is reading it as a document or what-not. I actually prefer that pop up instead of the poor people who are trying to get it to load and are just getting a blank screen. So moral of the story it that TNT is messing up their pages...

Everyone on the neo-boards is having a similar issue, as am I. Neopets pages are randomly loading as blank pages a lot right now and Firefox is reading it as a document or what-not. I actually prefer that pop up instead of the poor people who are trying to get it to load and are just getting a blank screen. So moral of the story it that TNT is messing up their pages...

Okay I understand...I am just glad its TNT and not my ancient computer :P Thanks everyone :)

Hmm... so I guess that clears up the mystery. Some people are getting inaccurate MIME types as well as plain blank pages, and it's all TNT's fault. :(

Yeah, the issue has been showing up for many users (myself included) since earlier today, although I'm getting blank pages instead of a dialogue.

Note that most modern browsers (basically everything except IE) should preserve the DOM state of a page if you simply hit back. Meaning in theory you should be able to recover the contents of your Neomail by going back one page.

The issue has been there since sunday, and since TNT is on a break, it won't be fixed until tomorrow :P

Fascinating information, I hadn't- wait, hold on, time zones. xD

The Neopets servers seem to be back up and running smoothly. :) Is anybody still having this issue?

• 1 month later...

It's the same as other users receiving blank pages. TNT apologized on Facebook but it doesn't seem fixed yet.

Neopets

Sorry about that; it looks like Meepits got into the server room again. But never fear, the news is up, and there are some brand new Habitarium items available to help you spoil those hard working Petpetpets!

Assume that it'll stay throughout the weekend...