Metroid Galaxy

Zac

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well everyone, thanks to Zac, TNO's brand new layout is up and running! Let's all give him a round of applause! *Applause comes out of nowhere* There are still a few things that he needs to tinker with, but other than that, the site should be functional and pwnsome!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about that people.....Im making a new layout open to all staff members and beta testers (if I contacted you you are a beta tester) just PM/IM for the url.

We couldnt get CuteNews hosting because we didtn have enough hits <_< lets try to make it to 10 unique a day!!! Check our topsites to see how much we have....

UBER BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: *shakes frog*

I have released TNOs new layout AND we have CuteNews!!!!! THere are still a few links not working but...YAY! :yes: I know I pwn... *bows*

Nice, but the top 'banner' is really blurry, and it looks bad the way the stars and image break off... And the neopet's privacy, copyright statement thing is messing up your whole layout. It usually always does with those types of layouts.

And Doh, I want to join your guild. But I'm already in one, and I own it and I don't want to stand up my members. XPPP

And even though I can't vote in your poll.... I can't wait for Diamond and Pearl. XPPP

EDIT: oh my god... The layout on the website is really bad. It needs major sorting out. You need to get someone who can actually code you a website... Well, at least improve the coding you have. ^^

erm....what stars? I know the copyirght statement is screwed....Ill try and fix it later :P

You know on the top banner. The white dots that are obviously stars and the other images in the background should of been fitted completely in that banner. They don't continue into the background because it's a separate image. Which decreases the quality of it.

Wow, Renn, relax... Zac is a decent coder. And of course, you're probably using Firefox. It's like that for some reason. It's awesome looking in Internet Explorer... <_< *Shrugs*

We appreciate creative criticism, but try not to get more criticizing than creative. :P

....still dont see any stars and yes I nkow the layout si screwed in FF not sure why though.....*scratches chin*

what it is supposed to look like:

tno.png

oh my god... The layout on the website is really bad. It needs major sorting out. You need to get someone who can actually code you a website... Well, at least improve the coding you have. ^^

That was uncalled for. If you don't like the site then you shouldn't be posting in this board. I asked for constructive critism not completely negative comments. Plus, it not a very good way to make friends.

It is constructive criticism. -___- Don't accuse me of flaming you, if you can't take it.

I didn't say, oh 'That's crap' or whatever.

In firefox, the top banner is misplaced, I'll take a screenshot of it later, to prove it.

I really disagree with where the 'navigation bar' is placed along the left side in a semi-big font size. They're to strong colours in my opinion, no coordination. For example, someone would immediately think the colour scheme is blue/green but then when you hover over the buttons at the top, they go red which doesn't fit in.

The layout then completely changes when you go to the graphics section. I wouldn't personally do this... There needs to be a dividing line between the navigation bar and the main text area on there.

You've kind of added a layout with 'titles' of content, before you've put any actual content up. You shouldn't of revealed it till you have at least added a welcome message.

And THAT'S constructive criticism as you can now go away and sort out what I've mentioned above. (If you wish to)

And no one needs to tell me to calm down, I just want to help out. ^__^ Your coder, has gone way ahead of himself but missed out the most important parts.

My advice would be to make it compatible in firefox also, because most of the internet uses that browser nowadays.

well its not like we want it to only be compatible in IE....and I wasnt' accusing you of anything...why don't you try coding a website in a few days and we''ll see how it is.... I asked for constructive critism about the LAYOUT how bad the webpage or the content is

And no one needs to tell me to calm down, I just want to help out. ^__^ Your coder, has gone way ahead of himself but missed out the most important parts.

You know what? I think the most important part of a website is the main thing not the little details. Sure I shot high and Im fixing it. If all you have to say about the site is the ability of the staff and council, you might as well not visit this board. THere some constructive critism for you.

I guess we appreciate your help Renn, but what you are saying is that the site looks unorganized in Firefox, basically. And if you haven't already figured it out, we ARE working on the site to be Firefox friendly. I mean, running a website can be complicated and frustrating. But of course, I'm sure you now all about this. :rolleyes_anim:

Also, saying "oh my God... The layout on the website is really bad. It needs major sorting out. You need to get someone who can actually code you a website... Well, at least improve the coding you have. ^^" is just as effective as saying "That's crap." You may not ever really understand that, since you were the one saying it, not receiving it.

You really can't say "you can now go away and sort out what I've mentioned above." because frankly, that's what we've BEEN trying to sort out.

To put a long story short, we already know of this situation and we do not need anyone repeating it. I'm sure YOU'RE a master coder and can fix this right up, correct? @_@

Oh, and have you tried out the website in IE? If you haven't, I really, really, recommend it....

Note: If this post sounded too harsh or offending, I was attempting to get my point across. Not to have people yell at me for stuff.

I could probably fix it for you but I have my own guild to worry about and things aren't to good at home. ^__^ I've been coding for more than 5 years...And have made pretty good websites. I want to be a website designer when I'm older. XPP Or a graphic designer.

I didn't mean to sound to harsh but I thought I'd point it out just incase, I didn't mean it to sound patronising either.

So, sorry. ^__^

I think I've posted this before or I don't remember, but since I never got a response I just think it would be a good idea if Council members had a blog (i.e. Blogthis, livejournal, etc) where they talk about Neopets only. You know, share their own strategies, maybe post a help list for people, etc.