What makes a good community?

brandongamer

So, what do you guys think makes a good community? In terms, of members, and posts. Do you think it takes time to make a good community - or do the members make a good community, or is it the content? Let's discuss the various things that make a community "good".

Good question. I feel that there can't be a good community without good members. It's the same in business: A company's greatest asset are its workers. On the other hand, a company's workers can also be its biggest weakness. Therefore, the strength of a community rests entirely on the people within it.

I would have to agree with Cornflakes on this. You need good members to make anything happen. Good members to contribute to content or production... and members to enjoy and respond to that content. If I think about all the shows I've worked on through the years... you can have the scripts to the best plays ever written, but without members, a good show isn't actually put on, and without the audience members there to enjoy it, there would be no point in putting on a show at all.