Is someone trying to hack my account?

Octopus

We've had this exact same issue just a while ago. Read the topic here: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/23997-neopets-lost-username/

The best thing you can do, just in case, is change the password of your email address as well as the password of your neopets account. After that you should be fine.

Thank you. I changed the passwords of both my main and my email and changed the email connected to my main and the password as well. My issue might have been that my email matched my username and so it was too easy to guess.

By the way, if I stop subscribing to Neopets mail will other users be unable to 'request username'? If I do that, will I still be able to receive email notification on tickets?

By the way, if I stop subscribing to Neopets mail will other users be unable to 'request username'? If I do that, will I still be able to receive email notification on tickets?

They'll still be able to. All they have to do is go "forgot username" and type in your email (if they know it). Or "forgot password," there they only need to know your username. And you'll still be able to get ticket notifications I think, I think you'll just stop getting anything from Neopets unless you explicitly ask for it :)

I received an email saying 'A request was made to retrieve the usernames associated with this email address.'

But I didn't make this request. Should I be worried?

Someone is trying to access your email. Is your email secured? If not, I'd recommend changing the password and such.

Just saying,

Occasionally I will need to get in touch with someone who hasn't logged in for awhile, and so I will have their password emailed to them. It certainly gets their attention. :) By no means am I trying to hack anyone.

But yeah, change your password and your email password just to be on the safe side.

Just saying,

Occasionally I will need to get in touch with someone who hasn't logged in for awhile, and so I will have their password emailed to them. It certainly gets their attention. :) By no means am I trying to hack anyone.

But yeah, change your password and your email password just to be on the safe side.

I've done that to tease my friend :whistle:

I know it's evil, but I've done it to one of my neofriends twice. She'll come online and be all "omg I had to come back, someone was trying to hack me!" and I'm like "awwww that's so bad, good thing you changed it in time." :laughingsmiley:

Just to let y'all know, she only logs in like once a year, and it was REALLY important that I talk to her.

You're so evil XD! On the bright side I've discovered side accounts that I created years ago connected to my main. My previous email password was way too easy to guess, didn't think anyone would ever make this kind of request.