Trading NC Items

Divya Bean

So I just traded a Darigan Ixi for one of my dreamies, a Maraquan Kougra! :D Now I want to customize her. I have the BG I want, and I have picked out the items I want. They are retired items from the NC Mall. I want to try trading for them, and I have a few questions.

Can I offer "NC custom" meaning that I will buy them anything they want from the NC Mall?

Would we trade through Gift Boxes? I'm asking because I dont know if it is safe.

Thank you so much for your help! :)

I must say, I am new to this also, but I just traded for the fleece lined boots from JJBP yesterday for a current buyable item from the nc mall and I was nervous at first but it went smooth and yes, you have to trade through boxes. I can definitely be scary and never 100% sure that they will reciprocate since its technically just gifting to each other and not trading but I guess most people know that if they try to cheat people out of stuff, they will get frozen and loose their precious nc. My suggestion though, before making a trade, make sure to see they physically have the item, in their album or gallery.

I've done a lot of NC trading and have never been cheated out of my items (though I've met several traders who lacked NC trading etiquette). Just make sure that you don't accept their item until you've sent them your's :).

I must say, I am new to this also, but I just traded for the fleece lined boots from JJBP yesterday for a current buyable item from the nc mall and I was nervous at first but it went smooth and yes, you have to trade through boxes. I can definitely be scary and never 100% sure that they will reciprocate since its technically just gifting to each other and not trading but I guess most people know that if they try to cheat people out of stuff, they will get frozen and loose their precious nc. My suggestion though, before making a trade, make sure to see they physically have the item, in their album or gallery.

It does sound really scary. That is a good idea, seeing the item in their album or gallery. Thank you for the information, Wembly! ^_^

I've done a lot of NC trading and have never been cheated out of my items (though I've met several traders who lacked NC trading etiquette). Just make sure that you don't accept their item until you've sent them your's :).

*nod* That would make sense.

Also, does anyone have any tips on NC trading? Like, how much NC custom to offer, how much retired items are usually worth, etc?

I use ~Kenriche and ~nc_values to confirm whether I'm making a fair trade. I've never offered or received a custom before.

While I try to go for fair trades, I've over-offered on some occasions and other people have over-offered for my stuff, as long as both parties are okay with it that's fine. Sometimes people will comment on the board and tell you/the trader whether that's a fair trade, which is nice :).

I have a question about boxes-if you send items in boxes and the recipient rejects them, will you get the boxes back?

I use ~Kenriche and ~nc_values to confirm whether I'm making a fair trade. I've never offered or received a custom before.

While I try to go for fair trades, I've over-offered on some occasions and other people have over-offered for my stuff, as long as both parties are okay with it that's fine. Sometimes people will comment on the board and tell you/the trader whether that's a fair trade, which is nice :).

I have a question about boxes-if you send items in boxes and the recipient rejects them, will you get the boxes back?

Thank you so much for those two names! They will be really helpful. :yes:

People can be nice on the Neoboards. I'm definitely willing to over offer on some of the items I want.

If they do not open the box and reject, then yes. If they do open the box and reject, then no. :)

Thanks!

Another tip-if you want something worth a lot of caps, say, gingerbread wings, collect as many limited edition items as you can. The downside is that you'll probably have to open quite a few caps to get the stuff you want.

I think I've been trading a little too much :*. Now that I have my dreamie I should cut down a bit.

Thanks!

Another tip-if you want something worth a lot of caps, say, gingerbread wings, collect as many limited edition items as you can. The downside is that you'll probably have to open quite a few caps to get the stuff you want.

I think I've been trading a little too much :*. Now that I have my dreamie I should cut down a bit.

That is a really helpful tip. :yes: It looks like I will have to buy a ton of LE items, because I want the Exploding Coconut which is VERY popular. <_<

:laughingsmiley: Trading is good! You have become quite an expert. Congratulations!

Thanks! Also know that NCers are generally in need of boxes. Hoard Gift Box caps when they come out, they'll give you an edge in trading when everyone starts trying to trade their items for them (ex. right now). I didn't keep any extras for myself and so regret it :).

I saw tons of people asking for them on the boards. I will definitely save the ones I have!

I also made my NC Wishlist and NC Items to Trade! They are on VeraLinnhe's Pet Page. Now I can start! Thank you so much for the help! :D

You're welcome, have fun trading and expanding that list!

Haven't seen much of exploding coconut on the boards, must be pretty rare. I think you'll be able to get one though. A year ago I thought it'd be impossible to get some of my dreamies, and I have all of them now :). It's only a matter of time and finding the right trader.

From your help, I have made a successful trade! I traded my Rosy Cheecks Face Paint for my Tropical Banana Garland. I know it was a kinda down for me, but I NEED this garland for my Mara Kougra and I dont really like that fp. Thank you so much for the help Takoyaki!