News: Neopets Advertisments; Rules Updated; 2007

Samuel

Hello,

You'll be interested to know that posts in the Neopets Advertisments forum now needs to be approved by staff before it'll appear to everyone else. There's been a spate of posts by spammers referring to sites, or posting material that isn't suitable for TDN; these are now filtered out by staff. It'll usually take around 6 hours before a staff member will see it and approve it :) This has been added to our rules. Please note, posting anywhere or yelling at a staff member in the shoutbox to approve your ad will result in an official warning being handed out.

In addition, because of the tidier Ads forum, users can now post in response to any ad they like. You can use this to haggle prices for items, or discuss the guild a little; but you can't post along the lines of, "That looks nice, but I'm not interested" or get into an offtopic discussion. Bear in mind that topics are automatically deleted in there after 7 days, so keep note of any discussion that you may wish to save.

As well as adding a little to the rules, they've also been given a quick clean-up, and a few more common questions added. If you have any questions that haven't been answered, feel free to use our Questions forum or contact a moderator online.

We're going to start Beta Testing for TDN Y2 (The Daily Neopets, Year 2), which is the latest version of the site. Ian has been working on a brand new layout for months, with diverse features. It's looking great, and we'll look into who'll be testers next week. Users that are classed as 'Fantastic users' will get priority. In addition, next week, trials will start for new staff members that we're interested in. We're still accepting applications, and looking at others. We'll announce the new staff in time for TDN Y2's release, after they have completed their trials.

We're looking into celebrating the New Year this evening, but staff could be more scarce than usual, and we're running a little short on Neopoints. We may be able to install some new games into the arcade as compensation.

With that, we wish you a happy and safe start to 2007, with an enjoyable New Year's Eve, Hogmanay or Silvester, and look forward to an even better year for TDN :)

Thanks,

TDN Staff

"A happy and safe start to 2007" - God. You sound like my school...

Looks like it's all off at 2006, then, doesn't it? Get on the train at platform TDN for 2007. (Man. What a lame similarity. <_<)

I hope we can get things well enough that everyone is happy, but of course things need tweaking from time to time. If things don't work, we change it. It's just another turnaround. The whole idea is for you to benefit. So, if something about these new arangements don't go to plan, tell us. We'll know if you're moaning at us to open the topic or not, so... yeah.

What a waste of a post this one has been. Blah. Ignore it... *goes back to playing games*

This one is pretty spectacular, we assure you ;) It's all been handcoded, and there's stuff coded that you won't even notice. Take blogs for instance; they're hand coded, as is our how new content management system :)

And, Matt, yeah, I do. xD

I cant wait until I can beta test! That'll be fun! You guys are giving it all this hype! I'd like to see it!