Training School or Swashbuckling Academy?

UnitheXweetok

I mean, Training School has like a mystical background, and Swashbuckling Academy uses Dubloons, which are a lot cheaper than Codestones.

So, if you were to put your neopets in ONE school, which one?

It depends on the level of your pet. As long as they're under level 20 it is a lot cheaper to go the the Swashbuckling Academy.

However, as soon as your pet reaches level 21, it might be cheaper to go to the Mystery Island Training School. A Five Dubloon Coin costs about 8500 if you're lucky. Two codestones will probably cost just a little less.

You can get dubloons:

- Black Pawkeet Slots (when 3 treasures on the screen - not the chests - you either win 500, 1000 NP or one dubloon coin)

- Buried Treasure (cost 300 NP except in November - 150 NP - only one dubloon coins)

- Coltzan's Shrine (you can get 1, 2, 5, 10 or 20 dubloon coins)

You can get codestones:

- Tombola (must win - random awarded prizes and NPs)

- Keyquest (gold and silver keys)

- Visit the Geraptiku Tomb (must find the Treasure Chamber - random awarded prizes and NPs)

(I may forget some other ways to get dubloons or codestones)

We can notice that it is easier to get codestones (because of Keyquest) and also cheaper (only Coltzan's Shrine gives dubloons for free).

At some point (level 10+ if you're concerned about time or level 20+ if you're short on 5 dubloon coins), training with codestones is the best way to raise your stats fast.

Personally I really dislike the Training School but have no choice since my pet's over level 40. For some reason the training school keeps making me pay the most expensive codestones: I've been asked for an Eo Codestone eight times in a row while attempting to train endurance.

I wonder if it's all just bad luck. Maybe it has something to do with which stat is the highest. The Mystery Island Training School likes generalism after all.

Does anyone have a pet level 250+ ?

I don't think I will ever be able to train at the secret ninja training school :(

Finally, the Eo Codestone pattern has broken! I know extra boosts are random but for some reason I've never gotten one while training endurance, but while training strength/defense I get a boost every three training sessions. I guess I'm just really unlucky :(.

Finally, the Eo Codestone pattern has broken! I know extra boosts are random but for some reason I've never gotten one while training endurance, but while training strength/defense I get a boost every three training sessions. I guess I'm just really unlucky :(.

Congrats on the combo breaker ^^

Yesterday I was looking for dubloon coins with the shop wizard and I noticed the One Dubloon Coins are up for almost the same price as Two Dubloon Coins. I was actually keeping my youngest pet at level 9 so it'd be cheaper >.<

• 2 weeks later...

As a big fan of KeyQuest, I typically use the Training Academy, myself. :) Doesn't cost me anything....Though, I suppose you could make the argument that you could sell the codestones to buy the cheaper dubloons.

If only it were a choice. I would say academy until you hit the more expensive dubloons, and then switch over to the training school. It was a long long time ago since I have used the academy. So long I'm going to have to create a pet and use the academy just so I can get that avatar.

i would choose Swashbuckling Academy for two reasons: reason 1. sometimes codestones are a lot cheaper than dubloons and reason 2. no matter what ability you want to choose in the Swashbuckling Academy you just need one dubloon ^_^