Neopets Lost Username

neon_nightingale

Hello all!

I received an email from Neopets saying that a request was made to find the usernames (and passwords) associated with my email address. But I didn't make this request. I'm just wondering if this is something I should be worried about? Nothing appears to be wrong with my main or side accounts and I've changed the passwords to be safe but hope someone can put my fears to rest.

Thank you!!

It is very possible that a scammer made those requests. You will need to change your email password too, since the scammer thinks they will be able to access your email to get that info. Change your mail password to something unique and secure. You may also want to change your Neopets passwords again, since the scammer may have already had access to your email account.

The requests comes from the 'forgot your username' option in which you have to fill in an email address. If your email address is very plain or simple it might be that someone mistook your address for their own. Your account is not in danger unless your password to your email or neopets account is very guessable.

Changing your email's password is not a bad idea though :)

The requests comes from the 'forgot your username' option in which you have to fill in an email address. If your email address is very plain or simple it might be that someone mistook your address for their own. Your account is not in danger unless your password to your email or neopets account is very guessable.

Changing your email's password is not a bad idea though :)

I agree. What email service are you using though? If you're using GMAIL - you can set it up so that lost passwords[a code] will be sent to your email, so you can be smarter than those who try to get into your accounts.