To morph or not to morph?

Parry

OK, I have a slight problem on my hands here. On my account, kawaiiStig is my current lab rat, and he is intended for a side account. The original plan was to get the two Shoyru-related avatars, give him a Blue Ogrin Morphing Potion, and then keep zapping him until he becomes a Robot Ogrin. As you can probably tell, the plan hasn't quite worked, and he has become a robot BEFORE I could give him the Morphing Potion (the reason why I didn't give him the potion straight away is because it's currently being used as collateral (ALP)).

Now I'm stuck, because if I do give him the potion, he'll change into a blue Ogrin (and I'll get the avvie) and then it'll be down to luck if he's zapped robot again. Of course, that could take days, weeks, even months before it happens, and I really could do with a free space a.s.a.p.

What should I do?

Well, do you want a robot shoyru? If not, then just morph! Robot shoyrus don't trade especially well, so that route probably wouldn't gain you much either.

Or you could pound him and create a new Ogrin to morph. it's up to you really :)

Well, do you want a robot shoyru? If not, then just morph! Robot shoyrus don't trade especially well, so that route probably wouldn't gain you much either.

Or you could pound him and create a new Ogrin to morph. it's up to you really :)

The problem is, kawaiiStig belongs in a 'set' of Neopets (the clue's in his name ... it just depends if you know where it comes from) so pounding him is out of the question.

Personally, I think the Robot Shoyru looks alright - it's not exactly something I want to get rid of straight away, but I wouldn't want it with me long term - but unlike the Robot Ogrin, I wouldn't consider it a dreamie.

Hm... well, the lab ray is all luck and chance, right? So getting that one Robot zap doesn't make it any more or less likely that you'll get another Robot zap. I'd say just pretend that the Robot zap was any other colour, and morph as you had originally intended. You still have the same chances of getting that Robot zap you were hoping for on the Ogrin.

To me, there's no competition. Keep him as a robot, then create an ogrin. :P Or can yous till create? If not just make a random pet, then once you get the potion back, use it on that new pet.

Hm... well, the lab ray is all luck and chance, right? So getting that one Robot zap doesn't make it any more or less likely that you'll get another Robot zap. I'd say just pretend that the Robot zap was any other colour, and morph as you had originally intended. You still have the same chances of getting that Robot zap you were hoping for on the Ogrin.

^^ This. If you specifically want the Robot Ogrin, go for it. :yes: Honestly, getting the pet you want from the Lab Ray just takes a ton of patience. I have themed side accounts that I wanted quite a few Ray-only pets for (Ice Hissi for a winter-themed account; Chocolate pet, Jelly pet, and Mallow Grundo for a candy-themed one), and after lots and lots of zapping I am down to just the Grundo -- which has already required 3 MPs, but I gave him the name I want so I don't care. :P And even at that, my Chocolate pet is a Kacheek which is really not a species I care for; so once I get my Mallow I will very likely go back to zapping her again, probably using several MPs in the process to ensure I get a species I actually want one way or the other.

Anyway, point is: if it's a pet you want badly enough that spending a lot of time/patience on the process and potentially shelling out a decent amount of NPs on morphing potions is worth it to you, it can definitely be done. :) Good luck!

If you don't like the Robot Shoyru, morph it. And keep trying for a Robot Ogrin. (Be aware, you might have to re-morph a few times) I was hoping for an Ice Hissi, and my Hissi got turned into a different species. But the second Hissi I zapped, became Ice. So you can either zap multiple Ogrins, or keep morphing it until you get it, since the name is important to you.

The problem is, kawaiiStig belongs in a 'set' of Neopets (the clue's in his name ... it just depends if you know where it comes from)

TopGear? :D

Anyways, I personally would Keep the Robot Shoyru. You could easily get the Orgin zapped into another species then you would have to keep morphing it over and over...

As you've already morphed your Shoyru, I'll close this board. (I'm sorry the lab changed it's species so quickly. I've had it happen to me as well.)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.