Rankings and whatnot...

Alice ☮

I noticed that people have different "groups" and I looked that up and saw that when you reach a certain amount of posts you get bumped up a group. But I forget where I saw that, could someone show me the link?

I'm also confused about the dots. The dots confuse me. I have one dot. Some people have two. Or more. And what's up with the writing under people's avatars, I assume that this is some sort of ranking system as well since I went from being a "Newbie" to "Rookie."

And I'm also curious about the signs next to each topic. They're mostly orange speech, but why aren't they all the same?

So how's this all work? :eh:

Edit: I'm new to the whole forum thing... >_<

Edited by ..Alice..

Right now, there are three different user groups: regular users (<400 posts), Super Members (>400 posts), and Fantastic Members (>2000 posts). All of the information concerning member groups can be found here: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/21-getting-group-promotions/

The text under your avatar is your user title. User titles change after a set number of posts. Once you become a Super Member, you can change your user title to whatever you want.

Our major member groups are Super Member and Fantastic Member, at 400 posts and 2000 posts respectively. Being a member of one of these groups gives you access to special forum privileges, which you can find more information on here.

The text under your avatar is known as your 'member title' and changes with the number of posts you have. A full list of member titles is available here. Once you reach Super Member status, you can change your member title yourself.

The number of dots under your member title basically reflects the number of posts you have, although I'm not sure exactly how the mapping goes.

Happy posting! :)

Edit: Pesky ninjas! :P

The signs next to the topics have different meanings attached to them.

Orange= Regular topic

Red= Hot topic

Green= Topic with a poll

Grey with an X= Locked topic

Grey with an arrow= Moved topic

If the icon is faded it means there have been no new replies since the last time you've been to that topic.

cool, I had the same questions. The links are a big help to me because Im navegating on my phone and its kinda hard for me to look for answers myself. Thanks for posting the questions and to the answers =)