Opened IP - Dangit!

Fever

Hi,

Kind of strange question, but here goes..

My dad was doing something funky with the wifi settings, and I have NO idea what he was doing either. But our wifi was NOT password protected for about three or four hours... We live somewhere with a really hefty amount of people nearby, so I'm worried someone came onto our Wifi and on here. I'm probably being really OCD but I'm checking out any websites with an IP limit just to be on the safe side.

Is there any way I can confirm nobody used this IP to register? I doubt someone did, but I just got to log in now (earlier it wouldn't let me? O.o). Our Wifi is all good now, luckily.

I'm not particularly sure why it would matter if someone signed up using your IP address because even if they did, if they are no longer able to get onto your internet which is the case if you're now password protected again, it really has to relevance to you?

IP addresses are usually dynamically assigned by your ISP, meaning that they change frequently, so they really aren't that unique when it comes down to it. :)

Our records show that there's actually one spammer who registered on the site with your IP address, but it's already been flagged and taken down.

IP addresses are usually dynamically assigned by your ISP, meaning that they change frequently, so they really aren't that unique when it comes down to it. :)

Our records show that there's actually one spammer who registered on the site with your IP address, but it's already been flagged and taken down.

Really? I never knew that O.O Guess you learn something new every day!

Wow. That was fast action on their part, thanks for handling that then! Although I have to admit it's weird if someone really DOES play Neopets that lives near me. Creepier than it is weird. xP

They might not necessarily live near you, taking shared IP blocks into account. The Internet is actually about to run out of IPv4 addresses after all... stay tuned for that crisis. <_<

Everything you need to know is detailed here. :yes: You can, of course, make another topic if you want to ask any questions about the impending doom of IPv4.

As for this topic however... ;)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff ("AA").

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact "AA" if you have any questions regarding this action.