University Challenge

The Original Luna

The week before Christmas, I received an odd letter in my university's mail box. They wanted applicants for their team for University Challenge, which is a British quiz show on Television for University Students.

So I went to the Student Union Office to fill out their test for the applicants- some questions were easy, like naming the elements in ancient greek and some were difficult, like finding how many jelly beans were in a jar without turning the jar over and counting them manually.

I'm not too sure how many people entered it on the day- but I saw two other people there who are now on the team.

Yesterday, I got the reply back. I'm one of five members (Four on the main team and one spare), and I'm the only girl on the team.

Congratulations! What University would you be representing? I was on the team for my college at Oxford a couple of years ago, and we passed the first lot of tests, had the interviews, but then didn't get taken on to go onto the show, because they're only allowed to take a certain number of college teams from Oxbridge, bah. It was quite disappointing, but whenever I watch Paxman reading out those ridiculously long and complicated maths questions I'm glad we didn't get on! Good luck though, it should be fun! You could turn out to be the next Gail Trimble or Alex Guttenplan, hehe :D

Congratulations! What University would you be representing? I was on the team for my college at Oxford a couple of years ago, and we passed the first lot of tests, had the interviews, but then didn't get taken on to go onto the show, because they're only allowed to take a certain number of college teams from Oxbridge, bah. It was quite disappointing, but whenever I watch Paxman reading out those ridiculously long and complicated maths questions I'm glad we didn't get on! Good luck though, it should be fun! You could turn out to be the next Gail Trimble or Alex Guttenplan, hehe :D

I'm going to be representing UEL, a university on the Docklands in London.

Good Luck, and Have FUN! Trivia is a really interesting thing, in my world. I have been memorizing random facts since I was 5 years old. In fact, for my 5th birthday, I got a book called 5,000 Facts About Our World. It was my favorite book for many years.

Again, Good Luck in your competition. We're all rooting for you!

Awesome! You must be super smart. And way to represent us females! Game shows are fun, and so is trivia. I'm sure you'll do great! Congrats and Good Luck...whenever the competition actually is. :)