Been a while...

Rose_682

So. At least a few of you saw my last topic about my cat. How very upset I was, and all that. Well, he very suddenly, three days ago, took a turn for the better. A lot better.

He's eating again, ignoring me, going back up on his "spot" on the entertainment center, drinking water, watching tv with me (when he feels like it, of course), and flat-out refusing to shut up when I am ready to go to bed.

These developments are startling, but heartening. I love Misha, very much, and I was dreading having to part with him. Perhaps all the praying, crying, and screaming actually turned an ear.

And for Christmas, my landlords found me a kitten. The kitten is not ready until January 30th, but that's a pretty awesome present, I think. Misha may just be getting better for a little while, but you know, I'd rather that, than not at all. And it has been a huge weight off my shoulders to know that he is feeling better, and eating again, and being a normal cat.

So I was wondering... How has everyone else been over the holidays? What were your favorite Christmas presents? Did you do anything neat for New Year's?

My favorite Christmas presents were, in no particular order, the kitten (which I have not even seen yet, but had described to me), silverware for my good china, a teapot and tea, and licorice. Lots of licorice. Dutch licorice. Salty and sweet.

I went to a friend's house for New Year's. We ate Chinese food, and watched comedians all night.

I'm so glad your kitty is starting to feel better and act better as well. It's really scary when your pets get sick. I know I'm that way with my cat as well. Also, congrats on your soon-to-be-yours new kitten. Do you know whether it will be male or female? And have you picked a name yet?

It's a boy, a manx, and no I have not picked a name yet. I have not seen him yet, lol. I might get to see him on Friday. He's not even going to be ready until January 30th, at the earliest. So.

And no, I am not going to name it Bob. If it had been a girl, it would have been Jasmine. :)

I'm so happy to hear that Misha has bounced back a bit. While it is unlikely that his cancer will go away, I think it's wonderful that you get to enjoy a good bit more quality time with him. And congratulations on your new kitten. Manx cats are pretty awesome. You will have lots of fun with him, and Misha will enjoy having a new friend. I can't wait to see pictures!

Glad to see that your cat's health rebounded.

And for Christmas, my landlords found me a kitten. The kitten is not ready until January 30th, but that's a pretty awesome present, I think.

Can I have it? :P

I love Manx cats. My cat, Cairo, is part Manx, part tabby. So he's larger (as in general size, not weight) than the average cat, and he had really long back legs (which makes him look like a little monkey when he runs, and makes him skid sideways when he tries to stop. It's absolutely adorable.) and he has a full length tail.

I can't wait to hear what you name him. :D

Oh, Chrystal, that's so great to hear! I'm so glad Misha is okay! *hugs you and pets Misha* That's really truly brightened up my day. ^_^

And that's awesome about the kitten. We'll get to see pictures, won't we?

Yes, pictures are most definitely going to happen. As soon as I get the kitten home.

And, new developments, it turns out I am getting a girl kitten, with Himalayan/Siamese markings. And omg, she's SOOOO CUTE. I can't wait to bring her home. And yes, I named her Jasmine. She is literally the cutest thing I have seen in a very long time.

I am also very glad that Misha has bounced back. I worry a little, about the kitten and him, but I'm sure once they are accustomed to each other, things will be ok between them. She's sooo tiny. The mother is pretty small, too, compared to Misha.

I know Misha's cancer is probably not gone. It would be completely insane to assume that it is. But I am glad that I have a little more time with him. Perhaps I'll get to have him until spring. That would be preferable, as I love my cat very much. However, I know that sooner or later I will have to part with him, I would just prefer it to be at a time when the ground is not quite so frozen. Partly for financial reasons (it costs almost double to put him down if I have to cremate him... and I am NOT putting him in the freezer until spring... that would be traumatizing), and partly because it tugs on my heart strings a lot to have to leave him with the vet... Because even if they cremate him, it costs even more than that to bring him home. Highway robbery, really.

But Jasmine is so tiny, and so cute I could not believe it. I got to hold her and see her today, and it was SO awesome.

I really wanted a female kitten, if I had the option. I have had female cats before, and I have had male ones recently, and I want another female cat. You see, I happen to very much like their temperment. And I found out that she is very adventurous, and has already been the first of the litter to climb up on the bed of her mother's owner. She and I will get along just fine.... As soon as I figure out how to keep her from attacking everything in sight, LOL. All the kittens in the litter are happy, healthy, and playful, so I look forwards to bringing Jasmine home to meet Misha, and keep us both company. I don't think I will be going much of anywhere after I get her, until I am sure that she and misha are getting along. Just because I don't want any accidents.

Jasmine sounds positively adorable. I can't wait to see her. ^_^

It still breaks my heart about Misha, but I'm glad he's doing better for now. All the more time for you to love him. And for him to love you. *hugs*

In the meantime, enjoy the both of them! And good luck keeping the little sister-cat out of trouble with her older brother. :)

Awww. That's exciting that you'll be getting a female kitten. I love Siamese cats. They're beautiful.

I love kittens. They are one of the best things ever. It seems like it's been forever since Cairo was a kitten. (I believe he'll be 5, or 6 in October.) He was the tiniest thing when he was a kitten. He was 2 months old when I got him, and only 3 lbs. (And he purred up a storm constantly. He didn't stop for days.)

• 2 weeks later...

aww i wanna see a picture of your kitty ♥