Pet Transfer Question

Sofa

I've been reading various guides to the Pound's pet transfer system trying to find the answer to this, but they're not much help/say different things, so any help would be much appreciated!

I was just wondering, does accepting a pet transfer use up one of your transfers for that month? So, if I'm in a pet lending chain, and have accepted a pet transfer, got the avatar, and then transferred the pet to the next person, has that used up two of my transfers for that month, or just one?

Sorry if it seems like a stupid question, it's just been puzzling me.

Each transfer, includes one in and one out. So if you have 2, you can transfer 2 pets in, and 2 out. (But you can't change it, like transfer 1 out, and 3 in. It's strictly one in, one out, for each designated transfer.) I tested this when I wasn't sure myself a few months ago.

I'm glad I've tested it. I'd never thought of it, because I hadn't used transfers much. So my husband and I tested it after I saw someone ask the same question. He'd transferred me a BD pet, and so I had him try to send me another pet before I sent it back (he has one transfer) and it said he'd already used his transfer out.