Another newbie joins the crowd.

arva9

Hello, I am Arva. I am a newbie to TDN, as I just started using the site a few days ago. I am not a newbie to Neopets, as I have been there 6 1/2 years. I do have some questions though, if someone would be willing to answer them.

1. Is it considered a good or bad thing to modify your text (i.e. change color, size, etc.) on these forums? I know of a few places where you get frowned upon if you do not modify your text somehow, but I also know of some places where you are frowned upon if you do. I prefer my text to be small and orderly, which is why I ask.

2. Where are the Avatar Lending Program Rules? I have gathered from reading over several posts that you have to have a minimum of 200+ avatars, and 25+ posts on these forums, to be lent an avatar item, but every link I find that leads to what apparently used to be the ALP Rules is broken.

3. I know that chatspeak is frowned upon here, but what about smilies that aren't smilies (i.e. ^-^ || :3 || o3o)? I tend to use at lease one of these, or one of many others, when talking/chatting about nearly anything, so I need to know if those are ok.

I apologize if any of these questions are covered in a F.A.Q. somewhere, but I couldn't find them, hence why I posted them here.

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this. :*

Hi there, and welcome!

Hrm, let's see if I can help --

1. Is it considered a good or bad thing to modify your text (i.e. change color, size, etc.) on these forums?

I don't think it's good or bad. People here don't seem to mind if you change your font. Unless, of course, you change it to something obnoxious. Then you might get complaints and/or things thrown at you. hehe

2. Where are the Avatar Lending Program Rules?

http://alp.thedailyneopets.com

3. I know that chatspeak is frowned upon here, but what about smilies that aren't smilies (i.e. ^-^ || :3 || o3o)?

Smilies are okay. Just don't use them excessively!

We are always around if you have any other questions. Feel free to ask.

Now then. Go have fun. :)

Welcome to the forums. :) I'm Spritzie.

Cornflakes answered your questions, but I'll just add a little bit.

On the fonts, usually the only time anyone says anything, is when the font is made too small, because it's difficult for many to read. Otherwise, you should be fine.

As for the ALP, the post/avatar requirements is only for the pet lending. For the avatar item lending, you only need to have the collateral amount that has been set for each item.

Welcome, Arva. Are you an avatar junkie like me? I got a few of them, and next thing you know, I was hopelessly addicted to getting them, lol. That's how I found my way here, but I enjoy just having people to talk to as well. I hope you'll find the people here to be as friendly as I did.

Wow, thank you muchly Cornflakes. :3 I am guessing a font like the one in my signature would be a no-no then.

Thank you as well Spritzie. It's going to take me a little while to get collat for the items I need, but that's ok, at least I can trust the people here and not have to worry if it's over-collat, or if the person will run off with my nps/items. ^.^

Hi Talula, no I am quite used to forums, just not this one. Also, thank you for reminding me, she's gold now, I need to change the image on my profile!

Thank you Rugrat. No, not an avatar junkie, but I would be if my neo-wallet permitted it. xD I only have 211 at the moment, but that's because I missed on almost all of the older plots as I created the account, then forgot I had it, and have taken several hiatuses from when I remembered it and now. Just got back from an 8 month Hiatus where I took care of my father in another state.

Hi Angel and Dasavo :3 thank you both

It's an awesome thing that newbs welcome other newbs! I hadn't thought of doing that, but am considering it now.

I like to think that after your first post you are no longer a noob here, thats just how nice the forums are, ya know?

Anywho, welcome!!!

we are glad to have them all, young or old.

Just a bit more on the smilies? smilies are like....garlic

Garlic is delicious

Garlic adds flavor to EVERYTHING! (okay, not icecream......MAYBE)

Garlic is wonderful

However, theres a certain AMOUNT of garlic you should use. and as much as you can is typically NOT the answer (unless you are cooking for me. and then the answer is keep going, lol)

Anyways, know that it had been answered already, but really, everyone here is interested in YOU. and if your delicately place smilies are what represent you, then by no means should you omit them. Just conserve them and use a PERFECTLY placed one : )