HELP! All of my flash stuff is gone!

Manta

So I installed AdBlock for chrome using Jellyneo's instructions. It got rid of ads all right, and that was awesome. But it also got rid of Flash (can't do Test Your Strength or play flash games, etc) and I get an error message saying "Missing Plugin." Now the guide said just to disable AdBlock, and I should be able to play games again. I tried disabling, uninstalling, no dice.

Someone help me out please? I really wanna play test your strength...

thank you :D

Go into Tools>>Add-ons, then to the "plugins" tab and see if an entry for "Shockwave Flash" is present. If it is then right click on it and enable it, if it is disabled. I assume adblock is still disabled?

I can't find the tab you're pointing me to ^^; I'm using Google Chrome and I can't find an add-ons thing under Tools o_O

AdBlock is completely uninstalled currently :/

I recommend using TDN's Guide. I use Chrome as well, and it works perfectly for me.

Their guide is HERE.

Thank you! :D The link to the filter list is not doing anything though... :/

Adblock has little to nothing to do with this. Just get the newest version of the flash player and install it on Chrome:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I have Chrome, which updates Flash automatically. And I'm pretty sure AdBlock is the problem, as it's the only new thing I've installed since having these problems :guiltysmiley:

Ehe. This is true. But now I still have no idea what to do. The link you gave me displays this message:

"Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in. Google Chrome will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available."

So now I'm stuck. ^^;

Ah, Chrome. I know little about Chrome (I find the browser lacking in so many things). My instructions were for Firefox - sorry. :)

Haha I agree with you. I use Firefox for my side accounts. I do find Chrome to be much faster though. :)

EDIT: Ok, I restarted Chrome a few times and everything seems to be fine now. Not sure what I did though xD Thanks for the help guys! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Lesson learnt: always follow the guides written by the hard-working hard-testing TDN geek? Right? ;)

For future reference, the Flash glitch is a known bug in Chrome - apparently resizing the window is a possible workaround.

Thank you! :D The link to the filter list is not doing anything though... :/

That link shouldn't be doing anything too obvious if it's working properly - Adblock should simply be adding the new filters and moving right on. You only need to worry if it complains about an unrecognised file type or some such, in which case a simple browser restart should fix the problem.

Lesson learnt: always follow the guides written by the hard-working hard-testing TDN geek? Right? ;)

For future reference, the Flash glitch is a known bug in Chrome - apparently resizing the window is a possible workaround.

That link shouldn't be doing anything too obvious if it's working properly - Adblock should simply be adding the new filters and moving right on. You only need to worry if it complains about an unrecognised file type or some such, in which case a simple browser restart should fix the problem.

hahaha yeah xD Thank you!! :D I've not been playing too many games lately, but if the problem comes up again, I will try resizing the window :)

thanks again for your help! ^.^