I am getting braces tomorrow...

Rani786

I am nervous. :worried: Plus I have a question. I recently lost my last baby tooth, and now there is a little stub of a tooth left. What I am wondering is, will they pull it down a bit and put the brace on it, or will they just leave it alone?

Good luck, I just got mine off :) Reguarding your other tooth, they will probably let it grow a little bit then brace it up with the rest.

I have braces on right now actually. It won't hurt at all. Maybe a few hours after they put them in you might feel a little weird but after it will feel like nothing is there.

I havent had braces, but most of my friends have, and they just make you talk funny for a few days, and they might feel a bit pressure-y. Hopefully, you may not even have any side efects, besides drooling, lol.

Oh, cool! I guess that makes sense, cause the friends I have who experienced talking probs got braces a few years back.

Yay Rani! Do you like the braces? I heard they can be annoying. Are yours colored?

Ya. good luck. I always abide by the 3 day rule. most of the time it takes 3 days to clear up. My speech only changed when I got my butterfly and bottom butterfly type thing in but I talk fine now.

Yes, I got the colored kind, I got hot pink colored bands. :D I am a metal mouth! For the first few days, I had a slight lisp.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my braces on for over 2 and a half years now. They don't hurt nearly as bad as what some people say. They're just a little sore when you get them tightened every 6-7 weeks. Just pray you don't have to wear elastics, because those things are annoying!