>_< Need thoughts and prayers >_<

Rose_682

My cat, Misha, has not been eating for the last three days. He's hardly been drinking, he's been sleeping more, and he's shedding more. I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow, though I had to beg and borrow to get the money. It's expensive! I've never had to take him before, and he's almost 11 years old.

I don't know what's wrong with him, but I have tried literally EVERYTHING to get him to eat. And he won't. So please, thoughts and prayers (if you believe in such things). I'm very worried about my baby boy.

DSC00009_edited.jpg

If its really cold where you live it could be the time of year. Our biggest pit bull did that last year. She got so skinny I could put my hand over her backside (and shes a HUGE dog). Try table scraps and human food stuff your cat likes. Maybe he will start eating that. We had to feed her some human food daily to start fattening ours back up along with the dog food we normally give her.

It could possibly be a cold too, sometimes if they are not feeling good (just like us) they wont eat for a day or so. I wish you luck and hope he gets better. :)

I too have an adorable stripey kitty, so I know how awful it is when they're sick and you can't figure out how to fix them! I will send you Get Well Soon Kitty thoughts and hopefully the vet can do her thing and get your kitty back to his normal self.

He's adorable, and looks oh so sweet. I and my three cats will be sending you get well thoughts and prayers. Panda has diabetes, so he's no stranger to the workings of the vet. They can do wonderful things. :) Keep your chin up and your tail held high! I'll be praying for you.

Aw, I hope Misha is feeling better soon! Is he still peeing? If so, that's a really good sign.

Does he go outside at all? If so, it's very possible that he got hurt and it basically trying to sleep it off. That's happened to both my Loki and Odin. Or, as Kazedo suggested, it could be a virus that's making him feel under the weather. At his age, it could be a toothache.

I hope your vet appointment goes well tomorrow. Sick kitties make me sad. :(

Thank you all for your well-wishes, thoughts, and prayers. Unfortunately, Misha is not fixable, and will have to be put down pretty soon. The vet found a lump in his abdomen. He was apparently not drinking, either, and was pretty dehydrated when I got him there. They gave him a subcutaneous injection of saline to rehydrate him, and gave me mirtazapine to make him hungry. This is the first pet I have ever had to put down, so I'm really, really torn up about it. I think, tonight, if I am perfectly honest, is the worst night of my life to date.

I'll think I am ok, and 5 or 20 minutes later, I'll be in tears again. I'm a really big mess.

I'm sorry, but I don't have the heart to play my magical maze, so someone else can take over, or it can just die, because I don't think I'll have the heart to play games for a while.

This really hurts. I've never felt a pain quite like it, I think. Except when losing a family member. It's truly a very terrible pain.

You will find me on neopets, because I need the mindless distractions. I'll try to pop on here from time to time, but the fact is, I don't know if I can post. I've been paralyzed by grief already, and I haven't even made the decision, let alone the appointment, to actually put him down.

My mom and stepdad have said they will be there with me, but I'd just like to get through this night, before I start thinking about the next one, or any ones after that.

Again, thank you all for your well-wishes, thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry to have to relay this news. It really sucks. I kind of hope I start to feel numb for a little while soon. Just to end the trauma, and emotional distress.

*hugs you* I'm so sorry, sweetheart. There's nothing I can say to make this any easier, but I'll be praying for you. And of course you're a mess, because you ARE losing a family member. Cats have a way of getting a stronger hold on your heart than people ever could. Honey, if you weren't a mess, I'd be worried.

If Misha is with you, hug him and tell him you love him. I'm sure he's telling you the same. And when you do go to have him put down, if you can stand it, be with him. Just love him right up until the end. That's all he really wants from you. And now, it's what you both need.

(Truthfully, just reading this, I'm crying for you, and crying for my three cats too. They're just about to turn 11.)

I am also crying. I would be so devastated if were to lose one of my eleven-year old kitties. Losing a pet is very much the same as losing a family member. Pets are even more special, in some ways, since the relationships we share with them never include hurtful words or actions. The grief you feel from losing Misha is just as important as the grief felt at losing someone close to you.

This past spring, my 17-year old cat, Coco, was diagnosed with bone cancer. At the time of her diagnosis, we were told she had about eight weeks to live. Luckily for us, she stayed active and alert for the full eight weeks, in spite of progressively losing her ability to eat. By the end of that time, she was no longer eating or drinking, and she had become quite lethargic. We opted to have her euthanized, rather than wait for her to die in pain.

Honestly, I truly believe that was the best decision to make. The vet told us not to make the appointment until we noticed a drastic change in her behaviour. When we did finally make the appointment, the vet scheduled us in the same day. Coco was so sick she slept in the car all the way to the vet's office, which was very out of character for her. Once we were at the vet's office, they gave us as much time as we wanted to cuddle with her before giving her the injection. She died in my arms less than 20 seconds after the vet started injecting the medicine. We then opted to have her cremated.

Cherish the time you have left with Misha. I hope the medicine the vet gave him helps him feel well enough to hang on a little longer. When Coco was having trouble eating, the vet suggested we drip some fish oil on her paws, so that she would lick it off to get some nutrients. The same can be done with water to keep Misha hydrated.

I wish you both all the best. My thoughts with be with the two of you.