Beginner question: Why can't I challenge the opponents I've found?

Serenity

So: I've bought some scarab rings and I'm ready to do some 1-player battledome, but the only opponents I can see are Oblivion and Punchbag Bob. I've gone around and collected a number of challengers for some variety after I beat Bob, but I can't see any of them on the Challenge Opponents screen, even though they show up on the Opponents Found screen. Is there a minimum level for them to show up? I haven't really been able to find any info about this by searching around. I think I must be missing something obvious. XD

It's because of the current plot, The Faeries Ruin, while oblivion is still around you can't get access to the other challengers. When he disappears, all your other challengers will come back. Its the same for everyone on neopets right now.

hey Serenity. the opponents are gone for everyone for now.... it's due to the current plot battledome activity. it's been like that for every wave. but don't worry, the regular opponents should be back some time next week.

Edit: ^ beat me to it

While it seems the normal challengers are back in the battledome now, you may find this article of some use in the future. ;)