December Art Gallery Entries

tempdisplay

Hey guys. I worked on two pieces for the Art Gallery this month and I'm here to share them with you. I did the same thing last year and you will see how greatly my artistic skills have improved.

Here's my first entry for Wocky Day: Wacky, Wicked, Wocky Tree

Wocky-Day-Tree-Entry.jpg

These were what I did last year:

W.O.C.K.Y

Done-3.jpg

Cheer Up, It's Wocky Day!

DONE-2.gif

My entry for Christmas (Day of Giving): Christmas Caroling

Entry.jpg

And last year:

DOne-1.jpg

So I learnt how to shade, learnt how to use layers, and learnt how you use the pen tool to get those smooth lines withing a year. Whoopee! :D

And lets hope they both get in. Unlike what I did during the summer where I put an opinions poll, I expect both of these to get in so I needn't put a voting poll up this time, just comment if you want to ;)

I was also going to do this were a Christmas Lupe and Chia would be under a Christmas Wocky. The Wocky would be leaning atop of a shrubbery or something and them the mortal enemies would meet underneath the Wocky causing an awkward scene. I thought the ornament on Christmas Wocky was a mistletoe but it happens to be a holly. Silly me. I only realised that when I was digitalising the Wocky. So I decided to leave the Wocky out, but then I got lazy so didn't do it at all xD I can't have two entries in the Christmas Art Gallery anyway :P Here are my sketches though:

Wocky.jpg

Lupe.jpg

Chia.jpg

I hope you get in! :) Isn't seeing your art improve one of the best feelings? Keep at it, don't ever stop drawing, well as long as you still enjoy it. Life sketching and playing around with styles is probably the best thing you can do for yourself. Try drawing things that you HATE to draw or usually skip over to get better at them.

I love the Wockys in the tree picture. You have really smooth and crisp, clean lines! (Sometimes that I cannot achieve for the life of me!)

Hello! Glad to see that you are still drawing :D!

One can really see the improvement in your art indeed :yes:. Keep practicing and you'll get even better! I do love your first entry - it's simple yet entertaining. I can almost imagine the reaction of each wocky after the pranks xD.

You've managed to create a suitable mood for your Xmas entry :). Is that a Santa on his reindeer ride I see! A really cute addition indeed xD.

Good luck for both your entries!