Was Frozen. Please Help.

SummerTime8

Today I signed onto my account only to find it was frozen. It says I was for buying/selling neopoints. I have never bought or sold but my friend was quitting neopets and asked if I wanted her neopoints. I said sure! I read the rules and nowhere does it say giving away as a gift is a problem only buying or selling. I emailed tnt but I am afraid they won't believe me or I won't get my account back. What do you guys think? I never got in trouble before and never got a warning and help out alot on boards and such. I play everyday, sometimes all day (I know) and worked four months on this account. It's obviously a misunderstanding but how can I get them to believe me?

In this situation, all you can do is provide as much detail as possible to TNT and hope for the best. Was your friend that gave you the neopoints frozen as well?

Well, then I guess you need to try to convince TNT that you were inadvertently scammed by this person. If your friend that gave you the Neopoints was someone who bought and sold NP, and you were not aware of this, then you were accepting the gift on good faith. It will be very difficult to convince TNT that no money changed hands, but maybe letting them know that you don't care about the NP and are more than willing to give it up if it was ill-gotten goods will help.

I'm sorry to hear that you got caught up in this mess.

Summer, the important thing here is to take a deep breath and calm down. Calling corporate won't do anything.

Unfortunately, over the internet, people can sometimes be totally opposite of who they appear. So your great friend might've been a NP seller, and she just didn't ever tell you. I'm sorry, but there's nothing you can really do here.

I want to say this for everyone who is dissing Neopet's customer service:

The reason why Summer is not being believed is that Neopets does not know what parts of the conversation have taken place OFF-SITE. I doubt you'd do this, but I'm thinking from Neopets point of view. You two could've talked over an email you've shared or on another website, etc, and put up those PMs as an act/show to try and prevent being frozen [so they would not let that plan succeed].

Sorry, but I don't think there's too much you can do. Just calm down for a month or two and if it matters enough to you, you'll register again. Try talking to TNT before you register again, though.