What can I do? D: (Forgotten Pin Number.)

Atta

What TNT said:

We have looked into your account information and found that you are registered as being under age 13. This means that you do not have an e-mail address listed in your preferences and therefore you will not be able to retrieve your PIN.

To add your e-mail address to your preferences, please print out the parental consent form located at (http://www.neopets.com/coppa/consentform.phtml). Have your parents fill out the form, sign it, and either mail or fax it back to us. Once we have received it and it has been processed, you will be able to change or retrieve your PIN from this page: (http://www.neopets.com/pin_prefs.phtml).

Please note that this form will also give you access to all 13+ areas of the site, including neomail, neofriends and the neoboards, which means that you will be able to communicate with other site users.

Greg K

Recently, I've been 'stuck' with my account. Because I'm under thirteen I can't have my Pin Number Emailed to me, and when I asked TNT if they could help me, they said that they couldn't. So, I literally can't do anything. I have no idea what my Pin Number is, and I'm not willing to guess from '0000-9999' just to find out what it is.

I can't remove NP from my bank, I can't sell items, I can't use my SDB, or my Gallery, I can't do anything to my Neohome, and I can't use the Stock Market etc. D:

I've been stuck, and unable to do anything for the past three months. And, I've been thinking of creating a new account and Re-Starting Neopets. I would still use my current account though, But just as a place to store my Current Pets... But, I really am attached to my account D:

So, I would definitely cry if I had to leave it. I've worked so hard on it over the past year.

Should I create a New Account, and use that one instead of my current one?

Or should I try something else, Like. Waiting it out until I'm thirteen, and hoping I can reset my Pin number then?

Or I could beg my parents to send in the Parental consent form, Just so I can get my Pin Emailed to me? D:

I'm in a bit of a pickle, And it's all because I forgot my Pin Number :angry:

I really do hate myself at the moment.

I've already tried my birthday, and all important dates and things, But that went no-where D:

And, I spent the last three months going from 0000-9999 and I've given up on that, It takes too much time, and is utterly exhausting.

It'll be a long time before I get consent :sad01_anim:

My parents are against me talking to strangers on Neopets, And all because My Mum has an account and thinks everyone on the Neoboards are big ol' meanies.

It'll be three years before I turn Thirteen, and I don't know if I'm willing to wait that long...

I should just create a new account, and let this one Rot.

Do you Think TNT would mind if I created a new account, and used that as my 'Main'?

I've never really learned much about switching mains, So I really have no idea how to do it.

Do I just... Create a new account, and stop earning NP on the other?

Yes, that's pretty much it. :yes: And of course, considering that some share prices and items tend to increase dramatically in value given the time, you can consider your presently locked resources on your old account as an investment for the future. ;)

An Investment for the future does seem fun :)

That, and I have 5mil stuck in my bank account.... At least this way, I wont be tempted to spend it?

I think I'll just create an account, It seems like the easiest thing to do in this situation :K

You never know, In about three years time I might just move everything from this 'New' account back to Atta_2009 and start using it as a Main account again once I Retrieve the Pin Number.

And in that time, maybe something in your SDB will have inflated to be worth another 5 million or something. :P

Best of luck though. One thing - if your mum has a Neopets account, perhaps it would be possible for her to submit a request of some sort to get you your PIN.

It's what's on the parental confirmation sheet. If your mom tried getting the PIN from her account, then why can't she just sign the form for you? You're still playing Neopets one way or another, so you might as well get the consent.

My Mum wont send in the Parental consent form, She doesn't seem to think I could handle the Neoboards and things. I don't mind this though :)

She doesn't want me to be able to go on the Neoboards? Or Neomail anyone.

I thought I already made that clear, Sorry If I didn't. :guiltysmiley:

Yes, you did make that clear. Maybe you can sit down with her and talk to her about it? Tell her that you won't use the boards or neomail, and that you understand that if you're caught doing either there will be consequences. If she still won't do it, then yeah, just go ahead and make a new account and save your current account information somewhere safe for the next few years. Either way, good luck!

I've talked to her about it a couple of times, and I really don't mind that she wont let me have parental consent to access some areas of the site :)

Even without having the Parental Consent Form completed, and sent in, I can still enjoy the site.

I don't want to Lie about my age on my accounts though, Because I know for sure that I would get caught and have my Account deleted. That wouldn't be much fun...

doll, they cant ask you for any identifying documents, so as long as you dont go on the forums going HEY EVERYONE IM ONLY 1O BUT IT SAYS IM 13 HAHAHAHAHAH no one cares. just dont neomail anyone or go on the forums if its a big deal. so long as you behave yourself and dont do anything against tos or anything illegal, immoral or unethical it doesnt really matter :/

But... Creating an account, That has false information would be against the TOS? And, Lying about my age would also be Unethical, and against the rules. I'd feel guilty about it for the rest of my Neo-Life. :sad01_anim:

How can you actually ask someone to break the rules Intentionally?

When you say it Doesn't matter, you seriously haven't put any thought into what you're saying.

yes. the age barrier is there as a way to protect you against being too overcome by the internet. however, neopets has kind of overstepped their boundaries and hasnt been helpful at solving this delima since before you could even use the computer. so many people stop playing neopets altogether because of this problem. Never once did i use neomail or any of the other functions that were forbidden by the under 13 block, but there is so much that can go wrong if you are under that block that you are powerless to stop it. Do whatever you like, but just know that the restrictions are a far bit more than they should be when a little self control and knowledge of how to protect yourself on the internet will do you just as well

Neopets have no choice over the nature of the C.O.P.P.A. They're just doing what they have to, in order to make the site fun (And Legal) for it's members. :laughingsmiley:

I understand your Point, But you can't blame TNT for following the Law, If they stopped following the C.O.P.P.A. They would be in serious trouble.

Well, I created a new account anyway :)

With, My actual age (By the way.)

Thank you Everyone, for your Help! :D

If anyone could please Lock this topic, I'd be very Greatful.

Now that my question has been answered, it would be pointless to leave it open.

We do have a Neopets Debate subforum if anyone wants to continue discussing the Neopets COPPA restrictions. ;)

Good luck in the future Atta!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff ("AA").

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact "AA" if you have any questions regarding this action.