Photomedia 2

cloudedsunny

The last topic got closed before I could answer some of the comments so I thought I'd open this 2nd thread :) I wanted to say to webpixie - I love macro and vintage too, I LOVE LOVE vintage actually, I am working on a cheesecake pinup series using BBW (fat) models to subvert the viewers expectations.

To Bonk - gorgeous photos! Very stylised and formal. Does this mean you're a professional?

To Matt - did you know that when the British were emigrating to Australia, the quality of the light was so different here that they had to completely relearn exposure times and apertures etc? I think that's pretty cool. I've never been anywhere but here but I've heard people from overseas say "and yes, no photoshop, the sky really IS that blue here folks!" hehehe

To Fuzio - wow! Yr bf is really talented too! Who knew this forum attracted such talent?! And bf's of talent! hehe

Well this has inspired me to include some of my own shots. I still haven't taken a portrait of me with my camera collection yet (for those who are interested: Nikon F2, Olympus OM1, Fuji s9500, 2 Box Brownies, 3 Voigtlanders and about 2 dozen toy and disposable cameras yet to be converted to pinholes, and thats not even going into all my accessories!).

Disclaimer: Photoshop has NOT been used in any of the shots below, but it HAS been used in the two artworks at the bottom

So here are some of my favourite shots:

291106291_366e0061c7_m.jpg291738957_d1656547b6_m.jpg225030182_428102ad4b_m.jpg207071727_2e8e7c02b7_m.jpg117264414_c7a238ed90_m.jpg107610127_10383f9ef6_m.jpg

And just for kicks, a couple of my artworks:

105857190_d08588024a_m.jpg105861408_ddf35f668b_m.jpg

wish we could so a bbw (tasteful obviusly) cheesecake thread but i dunno if they would consider it too adult or not even if they do have on more then a bathing suit, lol when you get some you should send em to me tho, and if oyu have a site would gladly do a link exchange, need more bbw models ^_^

i need todo more photos have a zombie photoshoot planed but we havnt set a date yet..

oh as far as toys do you have a holga? i have one ut havnt modded it out yet, thinking of jsut senidng it to www.holgamods.com or have my BF do it, im crafty but i dont feel like messing it up lol.

Cloudedsunny: Some of your works I really don't like - the multicolored specks of light don't go so well for me for one, BUT a few of yours are awsome! For instance, the egg - very nice! and a few on your other site. Good job!!! :D

I love love: Your avatar and signature are wonderful!!! Did you make them or someone else?

Cool, thanks for the feedback! Love to see some other people posting pics here too :)

Who's the girl in the 4th picture?

It's just a friend of mine. She loves twirling poi, that was her twirling some light up poi that flash multicoloured lights :) it's fun!

wish we could so a bbw (tasteful obviusly) cheesecake thread

oh as far as toys do you have a holga?

Well I think anything with people in it is a bit iffy to add here no matter how innocent, but I'll gladly share in pm if I ever get some up online! I think you'd have more luck with a thread like that in a photo forum. Zombie shoot sounds FUN! But scary ;) hehehe I am such a baby, even fake zombies freak me out :worried:

I don't have a holga yet but a few of my friends do! I LOVE the whole concept of playing around with less than perfect focus, and combining that with a larger format film (for those who don't know, usually used to create better detailing and focus) makes me really hope I come across one for $1 in an op-shop soon hehe. I love the whole luck thing as well, I mean it really fits in with my philosophies about photography. Yes I love doing set up shoots and studio, and I also have and need a degree of skill and an "eye" but the majority of my good shots are down to luck. Seeing something at the right time from the right angle with the right light hitting it, and with such an unstable camera the luck aspect of never knowing what you're going to get is kinda cool! Same with using film rather than a digital camera, I think that's half the charm, that uncertainty while you're developing, and the delight when everything exceeds your wildest expectations! That modding site is cool btw!

Cloudedsunny: Some of your works I really don't like - the multicolored specks of light don't go so well for me for one, BUT a few of yours are awsome! For instance, the egg - very nice!

Thanks! :) The eggs were a complete disaster at first! I had a brilliant idea :S of printing on ACTUAL eggs so I spent all this time emptying eggs and baking them to increase hardness n everything, and then painted on Liquid Light emulsion and exposed them, but I made the mistake of not coating them with lacquer first, and not doing test eggs, so the exposure times were quite unreliable, meaning half turned out very dark, and then the emulsion tended to just come STRAIGHT off the eggs so I just ended up redoing them digitally instead *sigh* one day I'll rectify that mistake! That series was shown in a "street" exhibition a couple of years back, got really good feedback but no sales of course haha

So what are all your thoughts about philosophies of photography? I'm not touching the film vs digital debate, too easy and the right answer is "both" anyway hehe but here is something to think about:

It's weird that photographers spend years or even a whole lifetime, trying to capture moments that added together, don't even amount to a couple of hours. - James Lalropui Keivom

Thinking about this quote, what is it that drives you to immortalise moments from your life?