Unpaintable Petpet?

Novelista

I was thrilled to get a gold Mauket during the GMC (especially since it seems like standard Maukets were still about 9m at the beginning of last month). Out of curiosity, I checked the available colors for the Mauket and discovered that Halloween is the one I like best. I purchased a Halloween Petpet Paint Brush from the trading post, headed over to the Petpet Puddle and...nothing. The puddle claimed I didn't have a brush to use.

Do you suppose it's because the Mauket is so new that it's not ready to paint, or is it because the gold Mauket is a special prize and therefore unpaintable?

yes, it's possible that you can't paint it.

i've got a snow kookith from the money tree and i can't paint it too. because it's from an advents calender year 8 or something. so i suppose you can't paint it.

i'm sorry for the costs of the paintbrush but maybe you can paint another petpet with it or sell it...

good luck!

Yes, this is the case for all paintend pepets given through special events: advent calendar prizes, the fire werehound, the gold mauket... They were made unpaintable to keep the original petpet as rare as it should be on the site. Imagine the disappointment I had when I found out my White Ona could not be painted back to blue! <_<

I don't know if there are any available at this time, but if you're looking for a painted petpet, it's usually cheapest to buy it pre-painted. Just a tip if you are still interested in getting one.

Sorry I'm so slow in replying...I thought I had my email alerts set...I guess not...

Anywho, how much would you recommend I sell it for? I was thinking of putting it up on the TP and asking for a regular Mauket in exchange (since I already have the brush), but I don't want to undersell myself.

Thanks in advance for suggestions. :D