TDN Screenies Album

Justin

No screenies from this forum, apart from just the one I made with our old forums when the ^<v game got to 1000 posts (It was a big game then. ^_^). So, here it is, back when Eric was just one of you lot... and went by the name of ewicpoo (With a small 'e'!)...

upleftdowngame1000gt8.th.png

I believe that TDN has a guide on how to take screenies, let me see if I can find it quick, and if not I shall explain :).

EDIT: ok, I cannot find it, I remember reading something about screenies somewhere..anyway, to take a screenshot of your computer screen, all you have to do is push the "prt sc" button towards the top of your keyboard, it should be somwhere around the scroll lock button, if you know where that is, you should be able to find the "prt sc" button. After you push it, open up paint or any photo editing software, and click edit, paste, and then the image you took a picture of should show up....hmm, maybe I shall take a screenie of making screenies and then write a guide for TDN....(lol)

I think I mentioned this elsewhere, but in order for Google to list our topics on their search engine they probably have to log into the forums and create links and all. I imagine they email the links back to their account? Maybe? Personally, I perfer closed forums where outsiders can't read our posts - but that is just my preference.

Guys guys guys, stay on topic. It's Christmas!

Well, I'm stuck on the screenies front. Hrmph.

And yes, Eric made a mention of something being cute I believe going completly off topic (As we frequently did on those forums... rendering my first point without a backbone...) and got lots of stick for it. Good times...

im gonan have to watch out, to d a screenie you press the Print Screen button (first time i saw that i thought it printed what was on the screen, like when i 1st saw the Sleep button, i thought the computer sleeps and then i was worried i broke it at school :P)

EDIT: Google does the plot

untitled.jpg

That google is actually a bot, no one is a user. Hence the italicized username.

It doesn't show our posts, well at least I don't think so.

Yes, it does show our posts. If you log out, clear your cache, then search on google.com for my user name (grass_tiger) the first thing that comes up are posts of mine in the TDN forums. I only say to use my user name because it isn't as common as some other user names. Search your own and see what comes up. :) ... It does make more sense that it is a bot doing it. Hmmm... a google bot.

Personally I haven't seen anything strange or the like in the forums, though the shoutbox is a bit odd at times. :) I'll keep my eyes open for things and try to catch some screenies.

Well, once you have the image saved on your computer, go to a free uploading site like www.imageshack.us and then browse to find it, and upload it, once its uploaded copy the URL that it will give you a little down the page, and then page the URL here as an image.