Fundraiser Help

Rae

Hey guys! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, if you're US, or just a great end to your week if you're not.

I've always been a huge supporter of charities and non-profits. For as long as I can remember actually. When I was 3 I used to go to the mall and sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" for all the little old ladies and they would give me a quarter every week and I would rush to the McDonald's at the food court putting it into the Ronald McDonald house box thingy.

I've gotten very good at fundraising, for various different organizations. I've raised $500-$1000 before. Mostly on my own, and once in a team my senior year of high school. But I'm stepping it up big time. I'm hoping to double that number - at the very least - for a great organization that helps Animals. I could post more information, but I'm not looking for donations from anyone and I don't know what would be pushing the rules. I've exhausted all of my options, and I have raised a great deal of money in the past, and I have a year to raise as much as possible before the benefit.

However my question is, do any of you have any tips, or have any of you done anything to raise money that worked out well? Whether or charity, or your own gain, or a softball league - whatever. I go to school full time so I'm trying to brainstorm as much as possible now so that once I get started I can stay organized. I don't want to be flailing around next year because I haven't raised enough money.

This is getting to be tl;dr so if you have any questions about it I'd be more than happy to answer them. I already have a list of things we plan on doing - like a bake sale and car wash, etc. We live in Florida now so it's lovely out 365 days out of the year. We were considering selling candy, but it takes too long to make a good profit off of it. I know a year seems like a long time, but between school 6 days a week (torture, I know) and projects and homework, it's going to come up pretty quick on us.

Thanks in advance. I'm so ridiculously excited I'm going to go post this on every website I use HAHA

My mom's ex-bf runs a charity program in Florida. Every year they do awesome things for people. I observed a few things:

1. Advertise, advertise, advertise. Advertise ESPECIALLY what exactly you do with the money, as a means of encouraging others to donate. They see your advertising and they're like "Aww this charity saved 250 dogs last month and found them good homes, I want to help with that too!" Of course advertising is expensive - not everyone can afford billboards and print ads, so just print up some flyers and hand them to EVERYONE that makes a donation or even thinks about making a donation.

2. I personally don't think candy sales are a good idea. The fundraising candy is generally more expensive than you can get at Walmart, and in this economy, people aren't looking to spend more than they need. Sure, it's a charitable contribution, but people don't see it that way as much as they see it as buying stuff that they don't need. If I were you I would have parties or other kinds of get-togethers. That's how my mom's ex raised a lot of money. They had motorcycle-riding activities like poker runs and such. People would put in an entry fee and get to do fun stuff all day that cost the charity little or nothing.

3. Network as much as you can. Mom's ex had tons of friends who were business owners and party planners. He made friends easily by just being nice and giving little kickbacks. "Hey can we have our charity dinner at your restaurant? You give us a discount and we'll make sure 100 people show up." Stuff like that.

I'm sure there's more, but that's the important parts I think. Whatever you decide to do, good luck :) and p.s. Get a Paypal so people can donate using their credit cards online. Always make it really easy on people to donate!

Those are great ideas thank you!! I don't know if you know who he is or not, but the charity is working with Ian Somerhalder and his foundation so I'm hoping that in desperate measures we could also use his celebrity to bring more people in.

I'm definitely going to try and have a party. It'll be fun AND hopefully make a lot of money. Especially since I'm in college and most of the kids are looking for a good time anyway. It can be a nice, safe charity party. WOOO!

I'm definitely going to try and have a party. It'll be fun AND hopefully make a lot of money. Especially since I'm in college and most of the kids are looking for a good time anyway. It can be a nice, safe charity party. WOOO!

Careful with alcohol though...college kids are down for parties, yes! You'll definitely want to hold it at a place of business that will check IDs and such. Charge the partygoers a cover charge and see if the business owner will give you drink coupons.

Awww, just like "Party Monster." But without all of the homicidal drug-addicted club kids. hehe

Careful with alcohol though...college kids are down for parties, yes! You'll definitely want to hold it at a place of business that will check IDs and such. Charge the partygoers a cover charge and see if the business owner will give you drink coupons.

Awww, just like "Party Monster." But without all of the homicidal drug-addicted club kids. hehe

HAHAHA! Yes just like that! I'm not even legal to drink yet, but the person I'm working with is, so if we wanted to stay nice, legal, and legitimate we could have a party for those who are legal and then one where we can do things that we are legal to do. Like playing the lottery -_- HAHAHA

HAHAHA! Yes just like that! I'm not even legal to drink yet, but the person I'm working with is, so if we wanted to stay nice, legal, and legitimate we could have a party for those who are legal and then one where we can do things that we are legal to do. Like playing the lottery -_- HAHAHA

There you go. Keep those idea brain wheels rolling. Write down all your ideas. If I think of other stuff I'll throw them out to you too. I love charity. And parties. :D

Me too! I think chrarities and parties might be my favorite things ever. And when it's a charity benefit party EVEN BETTER!!

But thanks, and I'd love it if you could let me know if you think of anything else!

Fundraiser dance! I'm a swing dancer so that's the first thing that I think of, but I remember seeing dance marathon fundraisers on campus regardless of whether people could dance or not. Are there any dance clubs on your campus? You could get into contact with them and see what you could work out together. Best of luck!