Help with Guidance

nika_p

Can somebody please explain to me how it works? I have like 4 different guides and in every guide is written different! I'm so confused :( I have also looked on link from TDN where the pictures are and it's written what to do but I'm still not moving.

I would really appreciate if someone would be so nice and explain it to me :) Thanks!

I used the guide from a petpage they had posted. It is simple. Whichever direction the ball was going I looked at that chart. If it was going in the opposite direction of the arrow in the guide I just switched the commands accordingly. But don't forget at the end you still have to hit submit.

Yes, I'm also using this link. What about arrows? Did you change and do it your way if arrow was bigger or smaller?

Because... when I got exactly the same picture (or oposite) everything is ok. But when the arrow is different than I don't know what to do :D

Hahaha, maybe I'm just not for that kind of puzzles ;)

Think of it this way:

The left arm will pull to the top left, the right arm to the top right, the left leg to the bottom left and the right leg to the bottom right.

You have to reach the white gap at the top.

Starting out with strong on both arms, and none on both legs is best to do. Don't do anything with the legs until you're almost at the top and start guiding it towards the light.

Don't ever use strong on more than 2 limbs, because then you will be knocked out for 1 round.

I hope that works :)

Think of it this way:

The left arm will pull to the top left, the right arm to the top right, the left leg to the bottom left and the right leg to the bottom right.

Starting out with strong on both arms, and none on both legs is best to do. Don't do anything with the legs until you're almost at the top and start guiding it towards the light.

Don't ever use strong on more than 2 limbs, because then you will be knocked out for 1 round.

This was extremely helpful, thank you! I was getting super confused at what the guide was explaining, and especially messed up on diagonals.

This was extremely helpful, thank you! I was getting super confused at what the guide was explaining, and especially messed up on diagonals.

You're welcome. Our guide will be updated fairly soon with more detailed and better information.

I did it! I'm so proud, hehehe :D

Congratulations! :)

ugh, having a hard time guiding into the light. I start going backwards cause I can't move forward anymore, and it refuses to move sometimes. How to I make it go directly left or right? I try to logically to use the left arm and left leg to go left but that doesn't exactly work...

ugh, having a hard time guiding into the light. I start going backwards cause I can't move forward anymore, and it refuses to move sometimes. How to I make it go directly left or right? I try to logically to use the left arm and left leg to go left but that doesn't exactly work...

I know what you mean. Sometimes the force is too strong and will pull you in the opposite direction no matter how hard you try. The most logical thing would be strong right or left leg/arm, and then none on the other side.

Think of it this way:

Thank you! I've been so confused by this one. (And a couple of the others.) I'll have to try it again, now that I understand what's going on more.

Okay, there is either something wrong with this method of arm/corner relation or there is a glitch because I get to around 40 meter really fast then I can't get any further :grrr: What the hey? Any suggestions from people who can actually guide it past say 37?

Okay, there is either something wrong with this method of arm/corner relation or there is a glitch because I get to around 40 meter really fast then I can't get any further :grrr: What the hey? Any suggestions from people who can actually guide it past say 37?

Perhaps you could check out our new and updated guide? There are some things different than the way I summarized it.

I figured out there is a glitch of some kind occasionally if the orb goes all the way to one side. Because literally it just gets stuck like its sticky paper on the sides and is impossible to get out. Or I suppose that could be on purpose but if so that is very evil. So I suppose, none the less, the ultimate strategy is to stay away from the walls or prepare for certain doom.

If the orb gets stuck on one side of the field, you can force it away by having both limbs on one side (e.g. left) strong and the other two weak. :yes:

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/faeries-ruin/part8/#guidance

They updated it, and the directions seem better than before which were confusing. However, my method for the most part is strong on the arms always, and medium on one of the legs. If the arrow tilts left or diagonal left, the left leg goes on medium. If the arrow points (diagonal) right, I put medium on the right leg. Whichever leg is not used is put on none. This usually works really well for me and usually goes straight up no matter what. When the arrow points straight down, I usually leave the legs at none.

^-Copied from my post on "The Plain of Peace" topic. Seemed relevant here. Let me know if this helps at all.

I don't mean to be rude, but that doesn't always work. Because seriously, I tried everything including that for almost 10 rounds in a row and it was still stuck on the side :angry:

I've been in that same situation. Only way to make sure it doesn't happen is trying to guide it a little bit before reaching the end.