Sakhmet Solitaire

Batman

So i have been playing a lot more of Sakhmet Solitare lately. I was wondering what it would take to get the other trophy the one with the high scores. I looked and the top person has over 21 million points... So doing a little bit of math I figured out that I play the game about 19 times a day to get to the max np. From there i found out it would take me 23 years of playing the 19 times a day to get to this number o_O .... WHAT!!! doesn't that seem crazy. How is it possible to get this trophy any more? Short of someone only playing this game every day and submitting about 100 scores a day it would still take about 5 years to get there. With the other people no doubt still sending in scores every day.

Does anyone else think this is crazy and need to be fixed/changed in some way?

Guest Richard Marchetti

Yeah, it's ridiculous how people manipulate the system. But then again Java and HTML aren't the hardest languages to decode and write. something needs to be changed about this, for all games alike. Even though it's "their" score it is mathematically impossible to get those numbers. I mean the internet has only been around since the mid 90's. Let alone Neopets only 11 years next Friday?

the concept of the internet's been around sine like the 50s.... And if they make the coding any harder I'm going to give up with petpage layouts so I'm pretty happy with the code. With the solitare. I think either some hacked it, used a bot or really has no life o.0

As it says on the Sakhmet Solitare/Pyramids home page:

NOTE: There is a daily award limit of 2,500 NP, but you can continue to play for free throughout the rest of the day once you have reached that limit. Although you will not be rewarded any Neopoints for the free games, the score you receive will still be added to your personal High Score.

I suspect that whoever's at the top has had a lot of time on their hands and continued to play, even though they'll have long exceeded the NPs being rewarded, so technically you can achieve 20mil points legally. Still, 20mil's a crazy number.

Wow that's crazy... I can't even get a high enough score to get the stupid avatar for Sakhmet.

there is no sakhmet avatar?

i honestly cant even get solitaire that often and earn the 2,500 np a day limit.

being able to get 1m points in it already blows my mind so 21m, i say hax.

I could have sworn there was one.... what am I thinking of them... :S So confused now HAHAHAHA

I could have sworn there was one.... what am I thinking of them... :S So confused now HAHAHAHA

Maybe the Sutek's Tomb one? :)

And I agree -- Sakhmet Solitaire is one of my favorite games; I really wish they'd fix the way they do trophies for it and similar games like Pyramids. Right now, even assuming the scores are not manipulated in some way but are honestly gotten by people with WAY too much time on their hands, it's unfair for newer players as it's literally impossible for them to (fairly) compete. I'm all for older accounts getting perks, but an unfair chance at an active game trophy shouldn't be one of them IMO. The problem, as near as I can figure, is that the scores aren't resetting correctly (either that or it's an intentional but REALLY dumb set-up on TNT's part.) For it to be fair, the scores should all reset, either with the rest on the first of the month or every 3 months or whatever, just like the flash games -- in other words, giving everyone a level playing field again. But they don't -- your personal score will reset if you don't play the game for a certain length of time (I want to say 3 months -- I know I hadn't touched Pyramids in quite a while and found the score wiped when I started a new game.) But as long as you play at least a few games every once in a while, your score will never reset (I can pretty much confirm this based on my old account: I never had my score reset, and though I certainly was never close to the insane scores I did have a score of several hundred thousand.) So people who have been playing pretty constantly (at least to the NP limit most days, if not quite a bit past it) since the game was introduced to Neo could very plausibly have a legitimate score that high; and as long as they continue to play, a younger player will never be able to touch it. I've actually been meaning to write in to the Editorial about this for a while -- maybe I will this week. :) Who knows if I'll get an answer, but it's worth a try.

onime those were my thoughts exactly. I may not have stated them as well as you did though. I would be ok if it reset every say three months giving them a longer time on top but it literally makes it impossible for someone who hadn't been playing all along to catch up. I will never have this trophy if they don't do something about it. I find that sad because it is ultimately making an elitist trophy. The only way you can get it is spend all day every day for years playing the game or just never do... It is frustrating.