Biosecurity and the threat to the Aquarium Industry

KidsAquariums

Biosecurity Australia recently completed their draft on all imported Iridoviruses imparting almost all brought in decorative finfish in the varieties of all Cichlids, all Gouramis, and all Livebearers.

do we need to worry?

read more..,

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Neopets General Chat’ to ‘Debate and Dicussion’.

Whenever I read things like that I always feel like something is fishy. Not that it isn't true, but one month to prepare is SO not enough time. I'm not affected by it, but I feel for the people who are.

This will likely jack the prices on imported fish through the roof. It is unfortunate that they want to test so MANY fish, when realistically, 10% of the number imported would likely be more than enough to test them for. This could ruin the industry of pet fish in Australia and cause a loss in the hundreds of billions. With the world economy in such a fragile state, I have to wonder about the reasoning behind this.