neopets censorship

Kuroida

Imagine the absurd when you speak a language that Neopets probably never heard of. I speak catalan (I'm from Barcelona) and got a friend who plays neopets. Sometimes to say "Hi! how are you, how are the games going?" we have to write it in english because it seems that some word in catalan must sound bad for neopets censorship (and because they don't tell which one is, you must re-write it again, and again)...

Wow.

That's outrageous.

Teddy? Really? I didn't even know it meant anything except for a person's name or a cute stuffed plushie. :\

If they're trying to protect young childrens' minds by censorship like this, they're actually doing the reverse. If some child wants to say "I played with my Teddy Bear today" and it tells them that the word 'teddy' has been censored, chances are they'll go ask about it and look it up... and there goes exactly what TNT was trying to 'protect' them from in the first place.

I mean, I understand and totally agree with TNT banning words like the f, s, etc. words, but the word 'teddy' is starting to push it.

My opinion, at least. xD