Low level pet perpares for battle...help!

Adelais

So before the plot i'd never done anything in the Battledome before, and I was one of the masses scrambling to buy weapons and abilities during this plot, but so far I've only managed to defeat the easiest minions from each wave. Any advice on how to use the items/abilities I have, or if i should get different ones? Also, which stats should I focus on raising? I only have about 100k right now, but I tend to earn a lot of codestones in keyquest so i've been using those to level Endurance mostly because I was at 12 HP and failing madly.

2.png

Llywellyn

Stats

Equipment

Abilites

Lvl : 12

Leaf Shield

Burrow

Str : 19

Illusens Earth Potion

Magic Berries

Def : 15

Scarab Ring

Tough Skin

Mov : 14

Downsize!

Magic Torch

Hp : 18 / 18

Stone Club

Magic Pebbles

Lesser Healing Scroll

Fiery Gaze

I'm like you - I got into battledoming a little late in the game - I haven't done very good with this step; que sera, sera I guess...

I'm sure other people can give you some much better advice, but here's what I had to learn the hard way:

Only increase level when you HAVE to.

Keep going for Endurance over anything else so you'll be able to stay in the battle longer.

Two Scarab Rings are the best weapons for the money - a Golden Compass is what you REALLY want but thanks to inflation they jumped to over 120k when the battle started...

A Leaf Shield is also a versatile investment along with a Scorchstone: (once per battle)

Bronze: 15hp/10k

Red: 20hp/55k

Blue: 30hp/80k

Abilities worth having are Burrow (Earth, which you've already got - yay!), Shadow Health, Drain Life, and Sink (All Dark.) It's a gamble when you buy bottled faeries, and you have to be at a certain level otherwise the faerie just flies away, I'm not sure but I think it's 10 and 30 - maybe someone else can verify that?

Hope this helps & Good Luck!

Train your strength and defense up to 20. Before level 20, you are only attacking/defending with .5 times the icons of your weapons. At level twenty you get to 1 times the icons. The next boost is at level 35 for 1.5 times the icons.

Apparently there are levels in between what I mentioned. This article is really helpful: http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/battle-strength-defense-boosts/

In short, train your strength/defense up to the next boost level, then max out on hp. Also, if you do kitchen quests on mystery island, he will sometimes give stat raises as rewards.

I've also been training furiously, and I'm really quite happy with how I'm doing so far. ^_^ *pats Lili* Anywho.

Boosts are important, so always keep those in mind as your goals. Like Sakura said, get your strength/defense to 20 before you do anything else, and IGNORE movement. It's useless, really. Your set is pretty respectable; I'd recommend a Golden Compass, but they're pretty expensive right now, so save your money for training instead of weapon upgrades.

A note on Kitchen Quests: Yes, they can be quite helpful for stats, but they're equally likely to give the stat to the wrong pet, or raise a stat you really don't want to change. But if you are pressed for time, they're good quick stat raisers.

I apologize for the incohesiveness of this post. Like I said, I'm sneaking this in school. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Good luck!

A note on Kitchen Quests: Yes, they can be quite helpful for stats, but they're equally likely to give the stat to the wrong pet, or raise a stat you really don't want to change. But if you are pressed for time, they're good quick stat raisers.

Thanks for mentioning that. I always forget because I'm used to having one pet.