So this just happened

Rae

All of the posts in this thread are old, so I'll start a new one here. If you have any crazy or random stories and you're just like "Wow, did that really just happen" feel free to post here :) I love hearing other stories like that so I don't feel alone!

Today I went to Lollicup for the first time, which is AMAZING by the way, and the guy working there was also working at Pinkberry last night when I went. He kind of stared at me for a while, I thought he was just remembering me from the night before. I was semi-right. He looked at me for awhile after I ordered and he was like, "Wow, you're really hipster. Look at you. Not only do you look hipster, but you were at Pinkberry last night and now Lollicup." I didn't even know what to say. I wasn't wearing "hipster clothes" and I've never been totally called out like that before. Not to mention HE was the one working at both places. Whatever. If me liking Lollicup and Pinkberry makes me hipster, then so be it. :king:

cool. If someone said that to me though I'd be like: o.0 :P

Anyways....my life is boring...but yesterday I went shopping and I found my old friend's dad (I haven't talked to her in like 5 years). I knew he owned the store but I never expected him to BE there >_> Anyways, I saw him and he saw me and I didn't know if he remembered me so I smiled awkwardly and waved...turns out I was right. He didn't remember me. He gave me this weird face before saying hi back -_-

HAHAHAHAA I'm sorry that is sooo awkward. That is so something that would happen to me too lol. Or maybe he did recognize you but thought you were waving at someone else? lol

• 2 weeks later...

forgive me, but what are lollicup and pinkberry?

dont worry about looking like a hipster. anyone can be a hipster. "you're trying to hard" = hipster. "you're not trying" = hipster. "you're not trying at trying to hard" = hipster! i work at starbucks (= hipster? yes!) and my co-worker Jack likes to tell costumers they're hipsters all the time just because they always have awesome reactions, like they can't decide whether to be flattered or insulted. i don't think there is any real consensus on what is a hipster and what is not and where is the line, so it's easy to confuse people :) althooough sometimes..i do feel a *little* bad about being amused, but at least it's Jack doing it, not me. he also likes to flirt with girls if they're with their boyfriends. he's a real mature guy. looking back, maybe i should stop him? nah. we're all hipsters anyways!

hahahaha!! Pinkberry is like.... Heaven or whatever you believe in made Frozen Yogurt and dropped it into little stores. And Lollicup is the same, except regarding coffee/smoothies/boba teas/etc.

I agree, in a way I take being a hipster as a compliment, but other times it's used derogatorily sooo... who knows! lol

If you have any crazy or random stories and you're just like "Wow, did that really just happen" feel free to post here :) I love hearing other stories like that so I don't feel alone!

These REs are always happening to me. I'm like a magnet for random occurrences. Just a couple of weeks ago I was driving home, minding my own business. I stopped at a stoplight. Suddenly I notice the lady in the suv next to me is beeping and waving at me. I didn't know her, so I thought maybe she had confused me with someone else, and just kinda smiled at her and turned back to the front. But she still kept beeping, so I turned around to look at her. She was making the "roll down your window" motion. I complied. She hollered from her car, "Hey do you know where the Walmart is?" I was like, "Uhhhh, ok, yeah actually I do -- just follow me there." So she followed me for the six-minute trip to Walmart. (I live in Tennessee, we are never more than six minutes away from a Walmart.) Then when we got there she waved and smiled and drove on.

Haha I found it weird anyway.

wow. I think if I did that my parents would go nuts for "talking to strangers while driving" XD Besides. We can't be bothered to do that where I live. We just point in some vague general direction and say "go that way!" ...but then again I'm lucky enough to live like 10min away from a walmart :P

• 2 weeks later...

Huh. Where I'm from, frequenting and varying your choice in froyo places makes you Asian, not hipster. We have PinkBerry, JuicyBerry, HoneyBerry, YogurtLand, Froyo, and Red Mango, all in one city.

....I've never heard of any of those places o.0 and asians don't have frozen yogurt. We have bubble tea! XD But seriously, where I live no one eats frozen yogurt. o.0 We go straight for the ice cream :P

Psh, bubble tea is soooo 2008. I've never actually had any though (maybe because I'm not Asian?).

Man, despite my proximity to NYC, there aren't many tasty places like that. I suppose I could take a train and take the lonnnng trek to Rice to Riches, which is the most amazing and expensive rice pudding ever. Om nom nom ahhhh.

Any yummy places around here seem to close and turn into a chain restaurant overnight. Annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

Oooooooooh, if we're on the subject of bubble tea... :D

Anyone from Minnesota? We have the Tea Garden, and I don't even have words to describe how wonderful it is. And if you don't like tapioca pearls (I can't stand them!), you can get strawberry or pineapple or mango gummies instead! :wub_anim:

It is Hipster Heaven, so I'm sure Rae's guy probably knows what's up (Heck, he probably works there. XD)!

My random story is that I got a Pretty Bouquet as a gift over Neopets. He's so sweet. XD

None of my non-Neopets-playing friends thought the story was as cute as I did, and my one that does play was like, "He spent what, 10 Neopoints on you? He can do better than that!" Tee-hee...

I had a pretty random experience with a bird. It landed on my windowsill, with its face facing the window, and as it walked along it kept pecking the window, and when it got to the end it flew off. I was reading a book at the time, and I heard the funny pecking noise so I looked up, thinking that it was probably dad about to the clean the window or something, so you can imagine how surprised I was to discover it was really a bird.