Keep being logged out randomly

Viridian

Hey TDN :)

I keep being logged out randomly whenever I have closed my browser and visit neopets when I open it again. I have my sides logged in on Internet Explorer and Opera, and my main on firefox so that I can easily access them at all times. However in all of those browsers my sides and main keep on logging out randomly whenever I visit Neopets again. This annoys me quite a bit because my password is quite hard to type in all the time.

Correction: It also happens when I close a tab and come back to it later.. grr

So does anyone else have this problem? It's definitely not my cookies in case anyone is wondering... I automatically accept them and they do not get deleted upon closing the browser.

Well, my first guess would be your cookie settings, but since you've eliminated that possibility....

I don't know. But leaving yourself logged in could get you cookie grabbed...

Well, my first guess would be your cookie settings, but since you've eliminated that possibility....

I don't know. But leaving yourself logged in could get you cookie grabbed...

Well logging myself out is annoying. I don't see why I would get a cookie grabber anyway since I basically do nothing on Neopets when it comes to interacting with other players. Only Neomail and then usually only with people from TDN, so I fear nothing there.

(also I got NoScript)

Well logging myself out is annoying. I don't see why I would get a cookie grabber anyway since I basically do nothing on Neopets when it comes to interacting with other players. Only Neomail and then usually only with people from TDN, so I fear nothing there.

(also I got NoScript)

Hm.... well, maybe it has something to do with how you've configured something or whatnot. You're sure that you have cookies enabled?

Hm.... well, maybe it has something to do with how you've configured something or whatnot. You're sure that you have cookies enabled?

Yep! Always have and haven't messed with the settings in like forever, just checked and it says they are still enabled. Also it happens to all my browsers, so it's just plain weird.

Yep! Always have and haven't messed with the settings in like forever, just checked and it says they are still enabled. Also it happens to all my browsers, so it's just plain weird.

Hm.... Well, since you're so secure, maybe you should just switch to a simpler password?

Perhaps I could do that, though I don't feel like people trying to guess my password either.. Ah well, I guess it's just me and my computer is being weird?

A quick question: could you try changing your password (to a secure one of course) on one account and then using Neopets for a while with only that account? If you still get logged out (or if you don't), that'll help to narrow down the problem a bit.

A quick question: could you try changing your password (to a secure one of course) on one account and then using Neopets for a while with only that account? If you still get logged out (or if you don't), that'll help to narrow down the problem a bit.

How would that help? I mean, if she just uses one account, and the problem persists, we haven't gotten anywhere.

I guess I could try that yea :) I'll change the password on a side account and will update here in a week to see if it made a difference.

@ Cuteness, I think it might make a difference since if people log into my accounts at random, I would be logged out as well. I don't hope so, lol. And I have 3 accounts that I use actively :)

How would that help? I mean, if she just uses one account, and the problem persists, we haven't gotten anywhere.

The answer to your question is in the post that you quoted. ;) With the data I have, I personally don't have the knowledge to identify the exact problem, so I'm trying to help rule out one or another set of possible causes.

I had a similar problem a couple weeks ago. I cleared my cookies, logged back in, and I was fine. I'm pretty sure it's just part of Neopets' ongoing login issues (if you check the Help page, it says they're still having problems). When I logged back in, I changed my password, just in case I was CGed.

The answer to your question is in the post that you quoted. ;) With the data I have, I personally don't have the knowledge to identify the exact problem, so I'm trying to help rule out one or another set of possible causes.

Ahh. Okay. Wow. You sound a lot like a detective ;p

Neopets has login issues? I never knew that... since when?

That was happening to me too yesterday... But it doesn't seem to be doing that today. So strange.

Neopets has login issues? I never knew that... since when?

Since about two weeks several people have not been able to log in, since neopets says "you've got the wrong password", while this isn't true. Just one of many problems ;)

Since about two weeks several people have not been able to log in, since neopets says "you've got the wrong password", while this isn't true. Just one of many problems ;)

Oh. Wow. I should keep up with Neopian current events. But I haven't got that problem, so yeah...

Yep, TNT is having to deal with quite a few login quirks at the moment - it's possible they may have messed something up when they did their big database migration for the new login system. At any rate, hopefully they'll get that sorted out sooner rather than later.

Whatever the source of the problem might be, changing your password, logging out, and clearing your cache + cookies is a good standard procedure in this case. :yes:

Heh, thanks. xD

Thank goodness this didn't happen to me. I will instantly freak out and start hyperventilating. I hope you solve your problem soon!

I didn't freak out as much since it first happened on my side accounts, and only later on my main. Also I saw nothing disappearing (though I'm still watching my bank account).

Geez.... Something tells me Neopets needs more maintenance teams and servers.

And WOOT! 500th post.

I'm closing this topic since it is now certain that someone was logging in on my sides and main. Thanks Theo for saving most of my accounts by suggesting to change my password.