Help Accessing Neopets Page

Vivies

I am unable to connect to the Neopets homepage or any neopets page, even by outside link. I am able to connect to other pages with no problem, but when I type in neopets in the URL bar, or try to click a link taking me to the site, I get a "Problem Loading Page Server Timed Out" every time. I'm hoping someone more technically adept than I can help.

I have tried pinging the host and get "request timed out." I have finally used hidemyass, but want to contact them in order to receive help, and am unable to using that. What do I do? Any ideas from helpful, patient people?

Thanks in advance.

It looks like something is blocking your connection to Neopets in between your computer and their servers. Are you behind a proxy, router firewall, or anything of that sort?

Umm, I'm not entirely sure. I do know that I am using Norton Antivirus, and I haven't changed anything. It really happened within the span of a couple hours. One minute I could access it, the next I couldn't.

The only situations where I've seen that happening are when some outside party (your ISP, school, etc.) has decided to block access to a particular site, but I've never actually seen that done with Neopets before... that's pretty odd. At any rate, it's unlikely to be a problem TNT can fix, unless they somehow ended up blocking you with their firewalls. Hmm...

Are you the person in charge of managing the network you're on? If so, you might want to check up with your ISP, otherwise I'd recommend getting in touch with your network admin. But hopefully this will pass quickly and you won't have to go to all that trouble. It might be worth trying with your firewall(s) turned off (turn them back on afterwards of course), just in case. :)