Step Five

Shadaw the Rampage

Hm... of course I need the defence boost as well. Currently a few points below strength and defence 20 boost, and I'm in the middle of training to 30 hp. Should I move to get the strength boost next, the defence boost next, or keep training hp?

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, thank you :) Strength shall now be my priority. And I have actually managed to get a few more brutes, so it might not be completely hopeless at this rate :P

Edit: Ugh, I hate when they heal! I get so close, and then they're back up to 50 hp!

Haha, I know. I just tend to joke around. Hmm, what kind of a pet did you have? Or better yet, a link to your old accounts BD records?

I was a huge fan of Shoyrus at that time, and my acct had obtained a free Lab Ray as well. (Free Lab Ray = Some accts in the old time got Lab Rays even though they never collected all of the pieces. Mine was one of the lucky ones.) I had a Shoyru, that was it, and I had four Tornado Rings in the acct, though I only used two.

LKI:

Level 202 Shoyru

HP: 400

STR: 375

DEF: 380

MOV: 313

All trained.

Ah, the olden days where you could win a One Dubloon Coin from playing Deckball. When there was a site that gave you the winning scratchcard positions. When Poogle Solitaire, Alpine Challenge (mastered by a friend of mine) were around. Yeah, I'm an oldie.

24th October 16:41 - Millions of spectres have been destroyed, but there seem to be many more waiting in the wings. Can Brightvale survive the onslaught before being trampled into nothingness? Can these news updates become any more melodramatic? Stay tuned and find out!

^ looks like there having fun with this one.

Side note

4,043,512 monsters destroyed at the time of posting this. total

Heh, I'd be having fun if I were writing those updates. xD Although if I were TNT right now, I'd just say something along the lines of "THEY'RE SWARMING!!!" and switch the system from waves to constantly flooding the battledome with every available type of spectre. That would help out the people having a hard time finding the challengers they need. :yes:

Naw, those that could affect to that wouldn't bother. They could instead sell one of their precious Krawk Trans Mogs or soething and get one. But what about a SuAP? :P

SuAP it is! xD Perfect timing for an ALP snipe too I think, if that happened.

It's not so much lack of enthusiasm as the fact that the foes have become much more difficult for everyone who's been fighting steadily. Fewer people can continue defeating them, and those who can are taking much longer to do it. It's now taking me as much as eight or nine turns to beat the Destroyers--they have around 4500 hit points now. Progress is mostly coming from those who are grinding away relatively slowly, from people hitting new boosts/getting new weapons, and from new people joining in. Those are sources that can run dry--people hit the wall on foes they can defeat, they run out of points for training and weapons, and there can't be that many who are interested in fighting who haven't already started.

Point taken... I was kind of assuming we had a pretty much unlimited supply of Neopians hunting for plot points. :P

Does anyone have some advice for beating the Shadow Spectre Zealot? I'm trying to defeat just ONE of these darn things so I can get the deeds, but I've never been a battler and I've yet to find the right combo of weapons and tricks. My pet isn't very beefed up and my budget is pretty tight after upgrading weapons and healing with all the price inflation. I'm training my pet at Mystery Island for the faster turn over, but even that isn't fast enough -- I'm concerned that this step will finish before I've got enough raw power. Any suggestions for affordable general or opponent specific upgrades?

My pet:

level 31

strength 24

defense 23

HP 61

My equipment:

Illusens Earth Potion

Downsize

Greater Healing Scroll

Steaming Skeem Potion

Makeshift Ships Hammer

Green Frost Cannon

Fighting Folder

Patched Magic Hat

Well, we're inching closer to another tier...

(And I can't beat zealots either! :( )

Let's hope the prize is valuable and useful! :D

Sidenote: Wouldn't it be irritating if TNT stopped an "attack" when a tier reached 99%? D:

Do you have the ability burrow?!?! Because I think that is the thing that really gets me through!!! I'm pretty sure its an Earth faerie blessing!!! It only to like 2 of them for me to get it!

I have burrow [which is great] and sink [which seems really ineffective against the zealots], but I was hoping someone might know of a good one-time-use item that I could use to get through one battle against a zealot.

I know stuff that could help you, but with that STR bosst, I'm not 100% sure if it will be enough. And if it fails, you just lost a fortune.

For your STR boost, I can only recommend this:

Water Muffin x4

Downsize!

Your strongest own weapon (Makeshift Hammer?)

Thick smoke Bomb

Scroll of Freezing

Faerie Ability Burrow

Faerie Ability Fiery Gaze/Diamond Dust

Ok, then the fight.

You start with D! + assumable Makeshift Hammer + Fiery Gaze (You have to Freeze the Zealot and stay alive)

Then, you use Water Muffin + Scroll of Freezing + Fierce/Berzerk attack (If you have Berzerk, use it)

Now that they are frozen again, use 2 Water Muffins with Fierce/Berzerk.

At this point, it should have lost about 80 HP. (Not that it matters)

Then use Thick smoke Bomb + Water Muffin + Fierce/Berzerk.

Most likely Zealot dies. If it doesn't, use Makeshift Hammer + Burrow.

This isn't a 100% trick, I think. :( If the Scroll of Freezing breaks, you just spent alot of NPs for that one win. If it doesn't you can sell it forward.

I know stuff that could help you, but with that STR bosst, I'm not 100% sure if it will be enough. And if it fails, you just lost a fortune.

For your STR boost, I can only recommend this:

Water Muffin x4

Downsize!

Your strongest own weapon (Makeshift Hammer?)

Thick smoke Bomb

Scroll of Freezing

Faerie Ability Burrow

Faerie Ability Fiery Gaze/Diamond Dust

Ok, then the fight.

You start with D! + assumable Makeshift Hammer + Fiery Gaze (You have to Freeze the Zealot and stay alive)

Then, you use Water Muffin + Scroll of Freezing + Fierce/Berzerk attack (If you have Berzerk, use it)

Now that they are frozen again, use 2 Water Muffins with Fierce/Berzerk.

At this point, it should have lost about 80 HP. (Not that it matters)

Then use Thick smoke Bomb + Water Muffin + Fierce/Berzerk.

Most likely Zealot dies. If it doesn't, use Makeshift Hammer + Burrow.

This isn't a 100% trick, I think. :( If the Scroll of Freezing breaks, you just spent alot of NPs for that one win. If it doesn't you can sell it forward.

Thank you for the advice! Hopefully the waves will cycle back around a couple more times so I have time to acquire these things.

Also, thanks SO much for the actual in battle advice. Most of the guides/advice were just "train your pet up and buy ____" which wasn't especially helpful considering that TFR is my first battledome experience. [After nearly 5 years on the sitE! I should be ashamed. XD]

Well, you can get Snowglobe Staff, and withdraw until you get the freeze on turn one to force better battles.

I do this on Destroyers now. I needed 10 more, and had to force good starts with Burrow. Too bad they ran out before I got enough of them. I just hope we get one more round before they go away.

This is how I've been beating the harder enemies:

vs. Conqueror

M - Ylanas Blaster, Golden Compass, Drain Life

C - Glowing Cauldron, Patched Magic Hat, Berserk Attack

62/68

133/193

M - Ylanas Blaster, Golden Compass, Kau Kick

C - Sophies Wooden Spoon, Amulet of Lost Souls, Psychic Attack

41/68

101/193

M - Blue Scorchstone, Golden Compass, Sink

C - Bubbling Cauldron OF DOOM, Amulet of Lost Souls, Psychic Attack

68/68

89/193

M - Ylanas Blaster, Golden Compass, Kau Kick

C - Spirit Bottle, Glowing Cauldron, Jump and Attack

16/68

28/193

At this point, I don't think I can kill him if he heals, so I have to play this round defensively.

M - Golden Compass, Downsize!, Restore (Med)

C - Amulet of Lost Souls, Lesser Healing Scroll, Frost

23/68

42/193

Thought so.

M - Ylanas Blaster, Golden Compass, Fierce Attack

C - Pot of Darkness, Spirit Bottle, Aura

0/68

0/193

And yeah, that's how I'm doing it so far. Sometimes I might do Mud Mixture/Downsize! when the Conqueror is at single-digit HP. Any improvements you can suggest atm (I have way less NP than I last thought)?

Wasn't on these forums for such a long time...

And I missed a lot from the current plot (only joined in the late tier 15... XD)

Just two questions: when did the current plot start and when it is expected to come to an end ?

Announcements