Need Help for Next BD part of Plot...

zia k.

I heard that there would be new enemies in the plot and I'm sort of panicking. I'm not really a BD enthusiast. I barely eeked out some wins in the last battle and I don't think I'll be able to win the next time around. So I'm training my pets like crazy and running the wizard ragged with searches for cheap but effective weapons, which seems to be impossible to find.

Below are my stats:

Lvl : 38

Str : 47

Def : 35

Mov : 33

Hp : 42

and I have the sink, burrow and drain abilities.

These are the battle stuff I'm currently using:

(2)Scarab Ring

Patched Magic Hat

Jade Staff

Leaf Shield

Psellias Fighting Fan

Golden Compass

Bronze Scorchstone

These are stuff in my SDB that I think will help but not too sure about:

Downsize!

Lesser Healing Scroll

Minor Defence Scroll

Purple Sticky Hand

Scroll of the Western Winds

Snow Faerie Darts

17-Pound Trout

various snowballs and cheap brain tree items.

I'm currently looking for Greater Healing Scroll or a Blue Scorchstone but they all seem ridiculously overpriced.

Can anyone give me any advice on my stats or improvement on the equipment? My budget is strictly limited to 500K. And that's even pushing it. I have a lot of codestones and some dubloons so no worries on the training part, except for time. It's the equipment that's giving me a lot of trouble. Inflation is killing my bank account.

I like to use Downsize! along with the Golden Compass to do both attack and defense damage, while not losing too many HP. You could switch it out with your leaf shield, but remember than Downsize! can only be used once per battle.

Lesser Healing Scroll would be helpful, but you have a lot more than 25 HP.

Minor Defence Scroll isn't going to be too helpful, stick with your patched hat.

Other good weapons/defensive items I use:

Fish Scale hissiplate (9 defense icons, and is pretty cheap) http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/weapon/viewweap/422/

Fire Muffin (cheapest of the best muffins, it does 12 icons and is worth about 4-5K) Link: http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/weapon/viewweap/400

@ilikelaptops

Hmmm...I've never used the Downsize before, is it like those snowballs that totally disappears after being used? or is it like the scorchstone that disappears once used but can still be used in the next battle?

For the healing, I just realized the Lesser Healing Scroll heals more than the Bronze Scorchstone I have been using all along. :axehead: But I think I still need something better.

Blue Scorchstone is currently priced at 90K-99K while Greater Healing Scroll is at an unbelievable 110K-150K. When I checked on those on Battlepedia they were both supposed to be less than 50K. When I think of buying them, I feel like I'm being robbed. :crying:

I think I'll follow your suggestion of stocking up on Fire Muffins. I hope its price haven't inflated that much.

Also, I've read on some other threads that buying Voidberry Potion (cheapest at 240K), Prickly Potion (250K), or a Steaming Skeem Potion (65K) would be a good idea... Do you think I should?

Right now, to someone not really a BD player like me, its looking to be too much neopoints...

Oh, would buying a Rainbow Scroll be a good idea? Its at 98K right now though...

I agree use the downsize. Personally I would drop the jade staff for the Downsize! because it blocks half all icons deals to you on the turn its used.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/weapon/viewweap/273

For more information on downsize! and your other weapons.

Got it. Thanks for that info, Shadaw. Can you suggest any weapon that I should have? Cause I noticed I have a lot of stuff for defense but I lack weapons for attacking. But there are a lot of conflicting suggestions on battlepedia that I honestly don't know what to get. :sad01_anim:

Blue Scorchstone is currently priced at 90K-99K while Greater Healing Scroll is at an unbelievable 110K-150K. When I checked on those on Battlepedia they were both supposed to be less than 50K. When I think of buying them, I feel like I'm being robbed. :crying:

The increased prices are because everyone wants the items since there's a BD component to this plot. After the plot, they'll go down... so you might be able to sell the items you aren't planning on using since they are ALL in high demand now (i.e. Jade staff, Lesser Healing Scroll). But whatever you buy now will be worth less later on, so be careful with what you buy since you might not be able to resell it for a profit later on! :D

Oh, and Downsize! never goes away, but it has only one use per battle. I like to start the first move using the Downsize and a dual-duty (attack and defense) item since I can deal the greatest damage and take the least amount of hits right off the bat, making the rest of the battle much easier since the enemy already has lost lots of HP.

Well, for offence, your best shot is going to get dual Voidberry Potion (Because V-Pots are slighly cheaper). They do wonders to 1-P battling, but also render freezing mostly useless. Those are 250kish now, so hope you can get one before they rise with the battling.

Then, since you would be using V-Pots, it would mean you we're to get very much damage from the opponent, rendering normal shield trivially useful. Downsize is really the only shield that doesn't get worse as the battles progress.

On that note, to afford the Blue Scorcstone, I would sell the Golden Compass (And Psellias Fan for profit)

...That said. I would tehn, when you are done, sell the whole set before battling is over to get your NPS mostly back/gain profit, and after they return to normal prices, get them back. (Especially the V-Pots, they are good to be saved for every plot for you)

also, here is a brief rundown to how to use the V-Pots, copied from another post of mine.

Well. The V-Pot and P-Pot (and a few others, but those are xpensive) use reflected icons.

In a normal case, a reflector (An weapon that reflects a certain type/types of icons) requires you opponent to use that certain icon type against you for them to have any effect.

Since it is their attack you are returning, it logically uses their Strenght boost (This working usually to your advantage). It also ignores the Stance you use. (So if you use Defend, which normally reduces the damage you both deal by 20%. However, with reflected icons, your opponents stance is calculated, but yours is not (Thus, you can use Defend stance, and you will not get the "penalty" to the amount of damage you deal, while it still lessens the damage you take.

Now, P-pot and V-pot deal automatically such reflected icons. This causes 2 things:

They deal the damage everyturn, no matter wether your opponent uses those icons. You still get the beforementioned advantages of being able to use Defend to full extent and using your opponents DEF boost.

There is one thing to mention here:

P-pots will only use your opponents STR boost if you go second. (In 1-P, the challenger always goes first unless they are frozen) If you go first, they will use your STR boost and apply your stance like normal weapons, expect that they cannot be blocke

The increased prices are because everyone wants the items since there's a BD component to this plot. After the plot, they'll go down... so you might be able to sell the items you aren't planning on using since they are ALL in high demand now (i.e. Jade staff, Lesser Healing Scroll). But whatever you buy now will be worth less later on, so be careful with what you buy since you might not be able to resell it for a profit later on! :D

That is basically the problem. :( On a brighter note, Dante's suggestion of selling my stuff before the battle ends would be a good idea, as long as I finish and accomplish all deeds before that happens.

On that note, to afford the Blue Scorcstone, I would sell the Golden Compass (And Psellias Fan for profit)

Uhm, but those are basically my primary attacking weapons. :crying:

Btw, can anyone tell me if the Vial of Fragrant Oil is a one use item?

hmmm...saw a Vial of Fragrant Oil sealing at a cheap price but there is no info on it being not a one use item on battlepedia. i'll just save my neopoints for another V-Pot. And if only someone would sell me a really cheap sophies magic hat. *dreaming* then i'll be all set.

Vial is multible use. :) not that amzing though. 2 V-Pots is all one should need, with healing. they will then be your primary attack instead of G-Compass and PFF. And like said, you can tehn get them back after war is over.

I'm still short one V-Pot. and i'm still using my sad sad lesser healing scroll. and the battle is on. :crying:

I think people are so busy with the battle they are forgetting to check on their trades. I mean, if they don't like my offer they should just refuse it right away so I can offer on another lot. :sad02: It's hard being broke, can't do multiple offers.