I'm wondering what my chances are of account recovery

elvenstrawberry

I have a pretty old account, going on eight years, called elvenstrawberry. I haven't played it in probably three or four years now, but I thought I'd try getting back into things. I can't remember the password on it, nor can I remember the birthday. >< I tried using the password recovery tool, and it said it had no password on file for the account. I then tried to use the username recovery tool and it said it had no account on file for the email, and I'm 90% sure it's the address I used. I can find my profile on neopets, however. It's still there, if I remember there's some sort of sign on accounts that have been shut down?

I was just wondering what you guys think. I've submitted a ticket, but I'm not expecting anything soon according to what I've heard about their response rates. What do you think my chances are of getting my account back?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not too sure about the success rate. I too had a 7 year old account there and wanted to get back to things. I provided most of the information that I could remember but I'm not sure they'll even believe me that it was mine. I made it when I was a kid and I'm grown up now. I did make a new account so if I can't get my old one back, then oh well. At least we tried!

I'm sorry to say the chances are pretty low... These days accounts that are inactive for a couple of years are getting cleaned up. Even if you remember the correct password, it will tell you the password is wrong (even if the birthdate is wrong). I know this since I've been trying to get back my oldest account for a couple of months now, and the password worked all the time (was just guessing the birthdate), until a couple of weeks ago. nobody has logged in so the password cannot have changed. Not sure if you remember any details on your account? In that case you could submit a ticket..