Is there still of threat of Cookie Grabbers?

RobertoLuongo

I'm not exactly sure if the server change a few weeks ago was meant to absolve this issue or not, but I'm still changing my pw every time after I shop using the shop wiz. Is anyone else still changing their pw on a regular basis? Anyone heard any stories of somebody getting cg'ed recently? Or am I still being paranoid?

I doubt the cookie grabber threat has changed in severity at all for a very, very long time. It was never a particularly major threat in the first place. The only reason it's gotten so much attention is because people have hyped it up. :yes:

A simple way to keep yourself safe if you suspect you've been scanned by a cookie grabber is just to log out and log in again. :yes: The old session data contained in your cookies will be invalidated as you log out, and new session data will be generated when you log back in. Any cookie data that's been compromised will be immediately rendered useless.

Of course, changing your password regularly is still a good idea. ;)