Unable to find?

caughtoffside

Hi there. first of all, I want to thank you for taking some time and reading my thread. :)

well... I've got a problem with an account and I don't know what could be happening.

It's somehow the birthday issue. I created an account back then on 2007, and used to play on it. then, I left. but since last year I've been trying to login again, but I didn't remember the birthday so I made a list with possible dates, no success.

So that purge talking began. August, right? I know the pass and the email for the acc, tried checking my email, and they gave me no warning about deleting anything mine, as we saw some users getting those warnings "If you don't login, your acc will be deleted", yada yada. then that change of servers happened, some small things changed.

now I went to try again. entered the username, and then the password, tried a new bday. now I noticed it wasn't saying "wrong birthday" like before. kept on trying anyway, and then they gave me the warning "you have tried too many times to guess this password [...]". I went to ask for my password, then put my username in the box and THIS happens: "Error: We were unable to find that account."

by the way, the username is berlinale.

What happened? I mean, they gave me no warning it would be purged, and I still can see the lookup and everything, it's there, but it seems it can't be found! Is this for good? Anyone else had a similar problem?

I am completely tired of Neopets and its dozens of glitches, that's why I'm gonna take a long break.

Sorry for the long post.

This is a nice forum, I will try to come back and help with things I've learned over my 5 years playing. heh

& thanks in advance. =*

Hi Viridian,

So, yesh... I was dreading the ticket sending alternative because it seems they only give out informations if you can provide a lot of history about the account and I don't remember much, even because I didn't play long on it. I was wondering if they are to purge it anytime soon... It's gonna be weird to have an account where the eye can see, and impossible to login. ;P

But thanks, I may try somehow. C=

They are getting pretty personal with tickets these days. You don't have to ask them about account recovery, just ask why you can't ask for your password anymore while the account still exists. Good luck!

That happened to me, but instead, I e-mailed TNT and they snt me an e-mail back saying that I had to give them details on my account, off course I didn't remember much because I quit playing for a looong time, but then I wrote what I remembered, like neofriends, items in my SDB and some stuff and they e-mailed me my birthdate XD

Hope that helps.

and good luck

Same here. I got an email saying they will delete my account if I didn't log in by a certain date, but I couldn't remember my birthday. I contacted support, and they also asked for information about my account. I gave as much information as I could, although I think half of it was inaccurate. They sent me an email several weeks later with my birthday. My account was not deleted, even though I logged in after the date they said they would delete it.

Your account is probably fine. Instead of using the help forms and stuff, try contacting them directly.

For -Kai- and Annie - How long had you not played on your account. I tried to do the same thing and they told me that the account was too old or had been inactive too long, something along those lines. I'm just waiting till I have the patience to test out all these different birthdays. Luckily it wasn't an important account but still

Anyway, good luck with getting the account reactivated

Hi there. (: thanks for all the answers!

so I went to the help section and sent TNT a ticket. seems it's the only thing we can really do besides trying entering different birthdays xD. The account was rather "fresh" so I didn't have much trouble answering their questions, and explained everything even with some proofs so it looks even more trustworthy. now i'm gonna wait... hope it doesn't take long to get an answer!

and, PrudenceShaw, seriously that happen? after all those birthdates? weird... looks like it's also happening here... well let's see (I have a list of the possible birthdays I tried haha, I will count them now)... 48. and after those 48 dates, the wrong password error came.

I will come back to fill you in whether I got my account back or not.

for now, that's it, i'm just waiting.

see ya peeps. :3