Faerie Quest when all the faeries are stone?

wunderkind

Um... I was playing Sahkmet Solitare and the Air Faerie requested Pumpkin spice soap. I got it for her (all the while wondering how I could get a quest when all the faeries have been turned to stone). I went to the area where the quests usually are and it took me to the plot page. Now what do I do with this expensive soap!?

Yes, for some reason the faerie quests are working...

She gives +2 movement for your pet, so I would hold onto the soap for now until the quests are available again.

Or you can resell it if you need the money/don't really need +2 movement for any of your pets...

How much did you pay for the soap?

Yup -- like everything else Faerie-related, the random Faerie Quests aren't working right now due to the plot. They will most likely be completable again as soon the plot step(s) that de-statue the faeries are done. Right now no one knows how long this will be; so as the other person said, now that you have the soap it's probably best to just put it in your Safety Deposit Box until you can complete the quest. On the plus side, TNT have made it so that you can use the Shop Wizard even though you're on a quest (since it would be unfair not to, with no way to complete it) and there's no other penalty for waiting to complete a quest anyway, so waiting won't hurt anything. :)

I had a faerie quest before this happened and it disappeared. I know because now I can use the shop wizard and before Faeries Ruin I had to use a side account to look up things.

I don't think they've "disappeared", at least not in the sense of being deleted completely. Actually, I assume the only reason it's even still possible to get them right now is that TNT couldn't disable them without deleting quests already in progress; and they didn't want to do that since then they'd get all kinds of angry reports from people who lost Fountain Faerie Quests. Admittedly it's impossible to be sure until the faeries are saved, but I think that any random faerie quest you had before the plot (or received *during* it like I did yesterday) will resume as soon as the faeries are back, at which point you'll lose access to the Shop Wizard again until you complete the quest. The reason the Shop Wizard works right now (presumably) is that TNT realized that with no way to complete their faerie quests, people would get locked out of it indefinitely; which would be unfair since you have no control over whether you get a quest or not -- so, during the plot, everyone can use the SW regardless of whether or not they have a faerie quest.

I got caught out by this yesterday! Luckily the item was only about 3.5k, so I just resold it and will buy it again when the faeries unfreeze. I would be soooo mad if it had been a FFQ!

Yeah I'll just hang on to it until everything is over. As far as the soap goes it cost me 8.9k. I thought I couldn't use the SW so I went searching for it the old fashioned way. But I don't really need the np right now so its ok. Thanks for all the help!

• 2 weeks later...