Training and battling help

Bun

I'm currently trying to train my zafara _StarFire13_ to be a battledome pet. I'm trying to keep his hit points, attack and defence relatively balanced. Is this generally a good idea or not? Also, I'm stuck trying to beat Tekkitu the Witch Doctor. He usually beats me within a couple of hits. I'm not sure if it's because my stats are too low or if it's because I'm doing something wrong. My pets battle record is atrocious because I lost to him and Commander Garoo so many times :crying:

I checked out the battlepedia a while ago and bought a few weapons, but I don't really have much NP to spend on newer gear because I fail at saving NP. My set includes a lesser healing scroll, downsize!, a leaf shield, two improved lightning beams, a scroll of the earth and two scarab rings. I'm not sure what Tekkitu's strength and weaknesses are, however. Also, as of right now my pets stats are

Health: 71 / 71

Strength: AWESOME (71)

Defence: EXCELLENT (57)

I have used some bottled faeries on him previously because I heard that they can give him special abilities, but I have no idea how to improve them, which ones I really should have and how to get them. If anyone has any advice or a guide on this that you could point me to I would appreciate it.

Hmm. Both your defence and strength seem okay to me. You should probably work on your HP though :P That could make a huge difference.

As far as abilities go, both Burrow and Sink are must, IMO. The levels of your pet are high enough for both, so you just need to buy enough bottled earth/dark faeries to get the previous abilities.

http://www.neonewsnow.com/neopets_guides/abilities.htm

This explains it pretty concisely.

Thank you very much I'm working on bringing up my HP and my defense a bit more for now and I'll put away some NP for a few bottled faeries. So say I wank to get sink and had no previous dark faerie abilities, would I have to buy eight of them, since sink is the eighth ability on that list? I'm just making sure. The link you gave me just seems to list them. Is there any way to see what abilities my pet already has other than in battle? I forget which faeries I already gave him.

To view what abilities your pet already has, go in quickref, and in the little square with your pet's face, choose view abilities :)

And yes, you would need to use 8 bottled dark faeries on him before you get Sink :( Unless he already has a few abilities, that is. To get any ability you need to have the previous one, so it all builds up :)

Oh well don't I feel silly? :laughingsmiley: I never even noticed that button before! I'll get right to it then. Thanks so much for your help.

I also need help in this matter too...

Will this help?

Neopet: redhotsimba

Hit Points: 46 / 46

Strength: EXCELLENT (57)

Defence: GREAT (31)

Movement: GREAT (28)

Weapons:Golden Compass, Leaf Shield, Rainbow Scroll, Downsize!, Snowglobe Staff and Greater Healing Scroll...

I also need help in this matter too...

Will this help?

Neopet: redhotsimba

Hit Points: 46 / 46

Strength: EXCELLENT (57)

Defence: GREAT (31)

Movement: GREAT (28)

Weapons:Golden Compass, Leaf Shield, Rainbow Scroll, Downsize!, Snowglobe Staff and Greater Healing Scroll...

Is this for Tekkitu the Witch Doctor too?

Because you definitely need more HP. At least close to a 100 or so, and you'll have a good chance.

Is this for Tekkitu the Witch Doctor too?

Because you definitely need more HP. At least close to a 100 or so, and you'll have a good chance.

Thanks for the tip. I will gain those Hp. Thanks! :D

Probably a weird question... how do I get my pet to lose 2 levels? I didn't realise it would go up to 2 codestones once she hit 20, and I'd like to decrease it so I can max out her other stats before raising level again.

When quiggler513 got to high like that I waited until count von roo was up at midnight and he decreased it. Of course you have to worry about him raising your pets level too...

I tried Count Von Roo before but in the end it's really a gamble, he ended up increasing one of my pet's levels four times in a row and it never went back down again. Another option is the lab ray, which tends to take off levels pretty often (this option only works if you don't care about how your pet looks...).

I'm currently trying to train my zafara _StarFire13_ to be a battledome pet. I'm trying to keep his hit points, attack and defence relatively balanced. Is this generally a good idea or not? Also, I'm stuck trying to beat Tekkitu the Witch Doctor. He usually beats me within a couple of hits. I'm not sure if it's because my stats are too low or if it's because I'm doing something wrong. My pets battle record is atrocious because I lost to him and Commander Garoo so many times :crying:

I checked out the battlepedia a while ago and bought a few weapons, but I don't really have much NP to spend on newer gear because I fail at saving NP. My set includes a lesser healing scroll, downsize!, a leaf shield, two improved lightning beams, a scroll of the earth and two scarab rings. I'm not sure what Tekkitu's strength and weaknesses are, however. Also, as of right now my pets stats are

Health: 71 / 71

Strength: AWESOME (71)

Defence: EXCELLENT (57)

I have used some bottled faeries on him previously because I heard that they can give him special abilities, but I have no idea how to improve them, which ones I really should have and how to get them. If anyone has any advice or a guide on this that you could point me to I would appreciate it.

you're good with defense (maybe too good lol) but I recommend getting strength to 85 and health to 90

I have never fought Tekkitu so I'd understand if you didn't trust me

get to level 50 for berserk because it's that epic

first turn freeze him so you'll need a freezer, oh and on that turn also throw a water muffin and burrow, hit him with berserk and two more muffins, heal and another muffin even if you have a lot of health, if he's still alive, hit him with scarab ring and downsize

That will take a really long time to do, especially since I am trying to keep my zafara's stats balanced. Now his stats are Level: 37 Health: 73/73 Strength: AWESOME (73) Defence: AWESOME (73) I think I'm going to keep training him like this until I can beat him. I'll keep your recommendations in mind though, thank you.