Logging in From Different IPs.

Flora

Hello! My internet died today, but I managed to log in from a different wireless network, from my same computer. It has a different IP, and I know that Neopets doesn't mind if you log in from different IPs, but then I wonder: if someone /else/ is breaking the rules on the same IP, would they think that the accounts you're logging in from are "in league" with the cheaters? ): I'm known to over-worry about everything, though, so I hope this is just one of my paranoia episodes. ><

Also, I am always logged into my main on Firefox and into my side on Chrome; I believed this is allowed, but I just wanted to mention it. And I've done nothing on my side, as it is a baby and is only used for keeping more of my pets. :3

Thanks!

When it comes to banning, they just ban the account that did whatever it was. Side accounts are still fine when the main is banned, for instance. IP bans are very, very rare, usually for the most horrendous things done several times. So, no, if someone does something stupid on your IP, you won't suffer for it.

And logging into your main and a side on different browsers is allowed, that was covered in the Editorial a while back.

Too many people would complain if they did IP bans a lot because if someone broke the rules in a public place there could be potentially lots of accounts frozen that used that IP.

When it comes to banning, they just ban the account that did whatever it was. Side accounts are still fine when the main is banned, for instance. IP bans are very, very rare, usually for the most horrendous things done several times. So, no, if someone does something stupid on your IP, you won't suffer for it.

And logging into your main and a side on different browsers is allowed, that was covered in the Editorial a while back.

Unfortunately I've seen a few cases where a side account can get a main account frozen.