A new type of avatar 'lending'.

Chase

I've been a Neopets user for four years now, and also an avid avatar collector like most other users. I am able to get the game avatars for most of the games...but then for others, I am unable to get the score needed! For example, Meepit Juice Break. I can get up to 2000+ points, but I have never been able to reach 3500 to get the avatar. The closest I've been was about 2600 a few months ago.

My idea is a new type of avatar lending, for situations like this. This is how it would work:

Talented game players would sign up with the new TDN Game Avatar Team, and go through inspections to make sure that they are honest people. Then they would list all the games that they are able to get the avatar score on.

Then when somebody wants to hire someone to get that score on their account, they would set up PIN numbers everywhere possible, and change their password to something other than their usual password. Then they would pay the TDN Game Avatar Team Member a certain amount of NP, and send them their username and new password. That Team Member would then log on to their account and get them the game avatar, and do nothing else on their account.

I believe this could be a successful program that a lot of people would be interested in (both game players, and people who would want to hire them). The PIN Number feature makes it safe as well, although only trusted people should be allowed to join this Game Avatar Team in the first place. If it is moderated by TDN, just like the Avatar Item Lending program is, then that would also add another level of safety.

What are your thoughts on this? I'm sure someone has had a similar idea before, and there must have been arguments against it...so I am interested in hearing them. :)

It's a very good idea, but sadly enough against Neopets' rules, therefore we won't do this. Neopets does not allow anyone on someone else's account, because they consider this dangerous as well as cheating. Basically you are not even allowed to have you sibling on your account either. So while it's a nice idea, we sadly enough cannot do this. :sad01_anim:

Also, kinda takes the fun out of it, doesn't it? I think the item lending is ok, because of the issue of collat means that unless you have a generous lender then you'll never get the icy snowflake avvie without at least some amount of money close to the orignal cost of the item.

If somebody else just got all the avatars for you then, well, whats the point in collecting them? I'm really happy I have the meerca chase avatar, and would be really upset if somebody else had it without even trying :(

Also, yeah, your not allowed lol.

As it has been stated, this would be against Neopets' rules, as no one else is allowed to log on a user's account, except that user.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.