Can't access my Neopets account.

Atta

I tried to get my password e-mailed to me, But someone changed the password for my E-mail account, they even changed the 'Secret answer/question' thing so I can't get into it at all =/

I just got my Pin Number reset (I had a problem with it earlier) and I'm scared that someone might have gotten into my account? If they have, There's no way I can stop them from taking my NP because I Have no Pin Number...

From the look of things it appears that someone has managed to get into your e-mail account and use that to get access to your Neopets account. I would highly recommend sending a ticket to TNT via their help page.

If you think someone has changed your password or that your account has been accessed by someone other than yourself, please submit a ticket by clicking the "Request Support" tab at the top of this page.

Please include as much information as you can when filling out the form, including your username, birth date, and the email address you used when you signed up. You can also include any information about your Neopets and items that you think will help identify you as the owner.

You should probably try and get back access to your e-mail account too, but how to go about that depends on which e-mail provider you use.

Good luck!

How would someone get into my Email account?

My password was over eighteen characters long =/

I sent in a Ticket, but do you think they'll actually give my account back?

That depends on whether or not you can prove that you're the account's owner, so be sure to think of items you have, recent trades, and other owner-y details you can use to make your case.

As for your e-mail account... well, how long was the answer to your secret question? And did you notice any suspicious activity associated with the account (phishing e-mails, etc.)?

I have a few screenies of my neopets accomplishments too :)

I attatched them to the ticket...

For them to answer my secret question, they would of had to know my location information too...

Which includes my Postal-Code thing?

I'm starting to think it might have been someone who knew me =/

But. No-one I know in real life knows I own a neopets account, But some of my friends do know my e-mail address.

What's a Phising email? And would a whole load of spam emails be considered suspicious?

Phishing is a form of fraud used on the internet, where people try to trick you into giving them your information. Fake login pages and such all fall under phishing. :yes:

And unless you replied to any of those spam emails or followed any links in them, it's unlikely that they're related to this.

I got into my E-mail account, and back into my Neopets account through that :laughingsmiley:

Most of my items/NP/etc. were gone, but I'm just happy They didn't do anything to my pets.

I'd cry if anything happened to my pets.

I'm glad to hear it! :) You should probably mention that you managed to get back in on the support ticket of course.

I'd also recommend going through the usual security steps, i.e. checking your computer for malware, changing your e-mail account's password and secret question, changing your Neopets account's password, and double-checking the PIN and e-mail settings on your Neopets account.

Malware is a generic term that covers computer viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, adware, etc. Basically, any malicious software. :yes:

They added a Pin on neopets, And because I'm under thirteen I can't get it emailed to me.

D;

This has to be the second time I'll have to send in a ticket to get my Pin Reset.