Team Captain Interview: Layton Vickles of Team Darigan Citadel

Noog

Disclaimer: This news report is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free representation of the parties involved, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. If professional analysis is what tickles your fancy, take a look at our predictions (global/daily).

It has been almost a week since the Altador Cup came to an end and Lost Desert fans went home with the gold. Things have settled since then, and everyone has returned back to their daily lives. Some players have settled with the fans, but I was able to catch up with Darigan team captain and forward Layton Vickles for an interview in his private suite within the citadel.

Hello Mr. Vickles. You have a nice place here.

Layton Vickles: It’sss Layton. I get compliments on my place a lot. Lord Darigan gave it to me himssself.

That’s Great. So you are adored back home as well?

Vickles: Of courssse. Everyone in the cassstle knowsss who I am and they know what will happen if they don’t treat me correctly.

(Strange Look) Okay....Let’s move on to the actual interview. You haven’t been known as someone to keep to yourself. What did you think about this year’s cup?

Vickles: It wasss very disssappointing. We were able to get a lot of successsss, but we didn’t get the cup. The worssst part wasss when we didn’t get into the finalsss. I got very angry, and those Mummies will rue the day that they messsssed with Layton Vicklesssss. Next Altador Cup I will get revenge.

You really hated the cup? You were named the MVP this year.

Vickles: Yesss, but that wasss expected. I am the bessst that there isss. My teammates know it, and the rest of the cup knowsss it. Lord Darigan expected this of me from the beginning, and when I am expected of sssomething, I deliver.

Speaking of Lord Darigan, did you have any contact with him in the middle of the cup?

Vickles: Yesss, unfortunately. We had rigorous practices before the cup, and he was making us work on the break daysss. Not only that, but he would let us know when he was unhappy in the middle of the cup. Tormo ssstill hasn’t talked to my lord directly sssince the firssst day of the cup when we lossst to Brightvale.

Oh wow. I’ll move on from that subject. Are there any days in the cup that you were especially proud of?

Vickles: I am never proud. When we win, it was expected and we just move on to the next match as confident as the lassst one. The only daysss that stick out are when we lose. Tandrak and myself are both angry after we lose a match, and we do whatever it takesss to win the next match. It is our confidence and drive to win that have gotten usss this far. We’ve been able to give our fans a second, first, and now a third place trophy for their collectionsss.

That is a good point. What do you think about the “Curse of the Cup”?

Vickles: I don’t pay attention to superstitionsss. This one however, has been mostly true, except for the fact that we’ve had three top finishesss. We will soon show everyone that this is just a myth by being the firssst team to win the Altador Cup twice. I promise that to every Minion out there.

That’s a pretty big promise to your fans. Is there anything else that you want to tell them?

Vickles: Yesss. Minions everywhere, join me next year and we will be the most powerful alliance the world hasss ever seen! We will fight our way to the top of the standings, and everyone who underestimatesss our mighty power will pay! They will drop in their ranking and there will be only one team left standing! Darigan Citadel will take over the WORLD!!!!! Errr, I mean, THE ALTADOR CUP!!!!!!

(Scared) Umm, I think that I have to go soon, but I’ll ask one last question. What do you plan to do now that the Altador Cup is over?

Vickles: Well, Lord Darigan already has my schedule planned out. It includesss a month long vacation and Yooyuball practice four timesss a week. I would tell you the ressst of my plansss, but that isss strictly classified.

Thank You for the interview Layton. (scurries out of the room)

YYYEEEESSSS! FINALLY! THANK-YOU TDN NEWS TEAM! ^^

Woo! Go Vickles! An MVP award was well-deserved. :)

And that promise of us winning isn't actually a promise, it's a fact. ;)

YYYEEEESSSS! FINALLY! THANK-YOU TDN NEWS TEAM! ^^

Woo! Go Vickles! An MVP award was well-deserved. :)

And that promise of us winning isn't actually a promise, it's a fact. ;)

Hey, I'm not news. XD You're welcome anyways.

I can only wonder how next year's cup will turn out.

-Slaps Tyler- WUTYOUSAYABOUTMYVICKLES? angry.gif

And yeah, Noog is a DCer, don't worry Roddy. :yes:

And even if we get freeloaders, who cares, we'll just play harder to make up for the deadweight. ;)

Yeah, but you don't have a group of people who max EVERY DAY do you? Thought now. ;)

Plus, we have some of the finest leaders in the AC, we're literally FORCED to play. xD

Are you trying to get free loaders on DC? Telling peoplle to join them.

That wasn't really a personal message, just something that came along with the given personality.

Really? Dude, don't go near the DC official, or DC HQ, go to the branches. We're nice there, and at the Minions board we have some hilarious conversations that are fun to read. xD

Niice :)

Ever thought of doing an interview of Aldric Beign? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Doc, never compare Layton with ANYONE. He is too awsome to be compared wth any other AC player. :O

Mirsha and Dasher. I just compared Layton with 2 people.

And while Layton is epic, no one, AND I MEAN NO ONE, can EVER beat Pollenaire.