Where do rarer PBs come from?

nbbug132

I know there are quite a a few Paint Brushes that you can win by playing KQ, these tend to be buyable in people's shops, or fairly low priced unbyables such as Cloud Paint Brush, Starry Paint Brush, Camouflage Paint Brush, ect... and I know that the Baby, Royal, and Darigan Paint Brushes come from the Hidden Tower.

But where do the more expensive PB's like the Faerie, Disco, Grey, Maraquan, Halloween, Plushie and more come from? Are they random events? I've never gotten one from a random event but I suppose you could.

I'm just curious I guess. ^^

There is one random event (I can't think of the character's name) where some artist gives you a random paint brush, including the rare ones!

Refreshing at Terror Mountain can get you a Christmas Paint Brush "Winter Random Event", which is why the price on those dropped so low.

I don't know about each specific paint brush, but I know you can get them from a number of things.

Random Event- This is extremely rare, though.

Fruit Machine- Also very unlikely, but possible.

The Hidden Tower- You used to be able to buy Faerie Paint Brushes there, I believe. But they aren't stocked anymore and are retired now.

World Challenges- When you finish the map you get a chance of getting a paint brush.

Wheel of Monotony- A Paint Brush is one of the possible prizes.

Contests- All of them have rare items as prizes. So sometimes you might win PBs. Same with the Neopian Times and the Art Gallery.

Test Your Strength- You need to get a really high score, though. (I think the only PB you can get from there is the Halloween.)

Tarla- I think she has only given cheap ones in the past, though. unsure

KeyQuest- Probably a users best chance at winning one.

Alien Aisha Vending Machine- A rare prize from them. Chances aren't that good, because you can get garbage, though.

I think that's everything.

Jack the Phantom Painter is the guy I was talking about :D

I've gotten only 2 paint brushes randomly over my span on neopets, and 1 petpet paint brush. (Yay for Darigan Petpet PB Random Event)

I'd love to get a wonderful random event like that :]

I recently bought a Purple Paintbrush, and was pondering this a bit as well :D

I've never gotten a paint brush from any random events. So I can't help you. I've gotten so close on getting the Tyrannian Paintbrush in the Wheel of Monotony, but I only get the lottery ticket.

World Challenges- When you finish the map you get a chance of getting a paint brush.

World Challenges? I've never heard of these. What do you have to do?

World Challenges? I've never heard of these. What do you have to do?

World Challenges are a Flash game activity where you challenge other players to see who can get the most wins in one hour. :yes:

World Challenges are a Flash game activity where you challenge other players to see who can get the most wins in one hour. :yes:

I still don't get it. I'll make a topic about it tommorow.

I never knew about the random events at all, but if you waste a lot of time you could get them that way. But the way I would get PBs is through the Hidden Tower. They have all different kinds of PB. They are the most expensive kind though. From Baby to Royal to even Darigan. (:

Although, to be honest, if you're looking to paint your pets with a PB, that's cool and all, but I'd recommend just using close to a million to grab the lab ray. You might not get the color you want and it may take awhile, but when you do paint your pet, it's like a free paint brush. And they are always fun colors. (:

There is one random event (I can't think of the character's name) where some artist gives you a random paint brush, including the rare ones!

Refreshing at Terror Mountain can get you a Christmas Paint Brush "Winter Random Event", which is why the price on those dropped so low.

I never knew that that was the reason Christmas PB's went down. o: So if you just refresh for awhile that can happen? Good to know... in case I wanted to stock up on Christmas PB's and sell them... xDD Hahaha. Just kidding.