Team Captain Interview: Mirsha Grelinek of Team Shenkuu

antiaircraft

Disclaimer: This news report is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free representation of the parties involved, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. If professional analysis is what tickles your fancy, take a look at our predictions (global/daily).

Well, seeing as many fans seem to be getting a tad jittery waiting on the final results from the tournament officials, we decided that some light reading might help to soothe a few nerves. So, without further ado, here's an interview from our field reporter, BlackJaguar. Over to you BJ.

With smashing top four finishes in all three Altador Cup tournaments they've participated in, it's no longer a surprise to analysts when Shenkuu turns the tables on their opponents and rockets to the top of the standings. In fact, many observers seem to have forgotten Team Shenkuu's relatively humble beginnings, joining the second Altador Cup as one of the underdog teams, their third place ranking then coming completely out of the blue. Today Shenkuu is an established powerhouse with solid records across the board. However, inconsistency still plagues this team at times, as was shown in a significant portion of this year's tournament. At the same time, it's impossible to forget the devastation this squad is capable of wreaking on even the toughest teams on the leaderboard. I managed to catch Mirsha Grelinek after a press conference on the day before the tournament started, and she agreed to a quick interview.

Note: This interview took place before the start of the tournament.

(looks around) Wait where is she?

Mirsha Grelinek: (sudden gust) Here I am.

Wow that was a nice entrance Captain Grelinek. Thank you very much for giving us this interview.

Grelinek: You're very much welcome sweetie. I heard we have a lot of fans who follow your news and I hope this can give them a morale boost. (wink)

Ok, first question. A lot of analysts say that your team is one of the biggest contenders for ACV. What is your reaction about this?

Grelinek: I'm happy, yet a bit pressured. We had a spectacular finish last year so everybody expects us to win this year.

Do you think the "Curse of the Cup" and the "second place wins next year" notion has something to do with that pressure?

Grelinek: Well of course! But I always remind my team not to depend on those notions and remain focused on training. It's just like when performing a jutsu, a ninja who loses focus can get badly hurt due to disruption in the flow of chakra.

Speaking of jutsus, I heard you have hired two ninjas from a neighbouring village to help train your team. Who are they? And what kind of new strategies did you develop?

Grelinek: Despite how cute you are, I cannot tell you much about that. The same goes for the identity of those two ninjas. Though I must say that white-haired guy is quite handsome. I really like his stunning sharingan eye. As for the kid, all he does is eat ramen and complain.

It seems you like matured guys. Do you think the same about Meridell team captain "Wizard" Windelle? Because there is a rumour going on that some palace guards saw you and captain Windelle talking on top of the castle wall.

Grelinek: What?! (blush) Tho... those... rumours are not true. I think captain Windelle does look and act mature. Plus he's sweet and kind and thoughtful not to mention caring and fun to be with, but... but nothing like that ever happened. I've only ever met him on the Yooyuball field!

Okay, I believe you... (sceptical look) Next question: your team is one of the so-called "slow starters". Is this a part of your strategy or just is it because your team needs more time to adjust?

Grelinek: Well, you're getting a little close to asking for strategical secrets aren't you honey? I can tell you this much: we ninjas don't like to expend too much energy when it isn't needed. We hide from enemies with minimal effort and survey the situation first before making a swift and precise strike. The same applies to Yooyuball. We gather information regarding the opponent's strategy first before we strike. It's a bit risky, but it's worked for us before, so we we might plan on doing it again.

I see. Do you have any plans on switching from your 2 + 2 formation this year?

Grelinek: Nope. Each of my teammates is a special class ninja. We have mastered our positions really well, so there is no need to change them. Also, I believe that a good team requires a balanced playing style, and a balanced playing style requires a balanced formation. A two forward, two defender formation fits that philosophy perfectly.

Okay, next question. Maraquans have their "Piranha mode" while Kreludor has their "Assassin mode" and Meridell has the "Knights' Charge". What do you call your spectacular performances?

Grelinek: One word: TEAMWORK!

Oh! We are almost out of time. Any words of encouragement for your fans?

Grelinek: Yes, thank you very much for your continuous support! (wink) Oh, and "dear", see you later!

Ah... right. Thanks for your time!

Do you think the same about Meridell team captain "Wizard" Windelle? Because there is a rumour going on that some palace guards saw you and captain Windelle talking on top of the castle wall.

Grelinek: What?! (blush) Tho... those... rumours are not true. I think captain Windelle does look and act mature. Plus he's sweet and kind and thoughtful not to mention caring and fun to be with, but... but nothing like that ever happened. I've only ever met him on the Yooyuball field!

Okay, I believe you... (sceptical look)

*opens mouth to say something*

......................Never mind........I'll let you figure things out yourselves. Well, CS and Tyler don't need to, but that's because they know the truth....... :shiftyeyes_anim:

*opens mouth to say something*

......................Never mind........I'll let you figure things out yourselves. Well, CS and Tyler don't need to, but that's because they know the truth....... :shiftyeyes_anim:

I have the feeling this won't end anytime soon either...

Lol'd at the image of Mirsha and Kakashi getting along.

I would have been happy if there had been a Layton Vickles interview as well.

My my, we do appear to have a surplus of mind-readers present in our forum population. :P