Item Gallery links to categories?

Cornflakes

So I've had a nice design for my gallery since like last year. This whole time, I've been assuming that everyone could click on my gold buttons and thereby reach the other categories of my gallery.

Then last week my sister said something like "You have neggs in your gallery?!" and I was like "yes duhhhh, just click on the shiny gold button in my gallery that says "Neggs" on it." And then we got distracted by something and the topic fizzled out and I forgot all about it, until today.

So today I just decided on a whim to logout of my main and test my gallery on a side account, and sure enough, when you go to my gallery you can only see my "Books" category...all of the other links are worthless! :'( No one has seen the rest of my gallery in months. Not that my gallery is filled with anything terribly special, but it's the principle of the matter, see.

To create my shiny gold link buttons, I copied the urls from blue word links, tagged the gold images with href=the links, and then hid the ugly blue links so no one could see them.

I want to have clickable category buttons; a gallery without the ugly blue word links. Is this possible? Google has produced nothing so I thought I would come ask my smart friends.

Hm. I not sure the exact answer, but when I click on your buttons, I get sent to my gallery. Maybe you're missing part of the link?

Yep that's right, the thing takes it to my gallery too. And that is because the link is 'user gallery', it would link to a gallery for you, but not for me.

try entering &gu=mrscornflakes behind those links! It seems to work :)

Of course, the minute after I posted this question, I stumbled upon the solution by accident. Good old Murphy at work. Haha

http://www.neopets.com/gallery/?gu=USERNAME&user_cat_g=CATEGORYNAME

But thanks for your help anyway :D

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Viridian).

The original topic had been answered. You're welcome :graduated: .

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Viridian if you have any questions regarding this action.